10-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Premium Member

I Changed The "PLAY PERFECT TAPE" Settings on Mitsubishi DVHS HS-2000U- from "Auto" to "Normal" (Witch mans OFF?) and then out to AVtoolbox 8710, and then into ATI 9600 XT Capture (On WIN XP Macine),.....with MPEG- DVD Setting on MMC V8 xx... and NO Videosoap ,,But it looked worse than the Master VHS ,,,...I am on Vacation now,and will follow your guide on AVI Capture to see the results,if I get Lost,I will Send out a flair,and hope that DFAQ will guide me to the right direction!!!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
(Witch mans OFF?)
Normal probably means some part of the NR is off, yes.
It's been a while since I had this VCR to look at, and don't recall everything off-hand.

Quote:
But it looked worse
Need details. Worse in what way?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: rocko (10-21-2011)
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Premium Member

The 2nd test capture looked "soft", with NR set to NORMAL,compared to 1st test capture, with NR set to AUTO,which was probably a SHARP NR ??,But I liked the AUTO results better. I'm Still Fiddling Around with settings and getting used to everything,But so far no dropped frames!!and My new ATI/XP machine is working Fine!! Trying some AVI captures right now,which look AS GOOD AS THE Master VHS! (But with a pattern of Tight,Vertical, top to bottom wavy lines).I will send screen shot or sample.Could be Radio or Interference from my satellite box,HDTV,Or the fact that everything (including VCR) is plugged into a UPS Power supply???
10-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
The 2nd test capture looked "soft", with NR set to NORMAL,compared to 1st test capture, with NR set to AUTO,which was probably a SHARP NR ??
Compare against "EDIT", if it has one. And SHARP.

Just be sure you're not confusing "noise" with "detail". In the photography and film world, grain often fakes detail. Human perception problems.
It's somewhat easy to exploit this psychovisual effect.

Quote:
Or the fact that everything (including VCR) is plugged into a UPS Power supply???
Very likely.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.