Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Premium Member

Last weekend, I fired up my XP Capture Computer, with ATI MMC 9600XT.... and spent countless hours and "cleanups"... Trying to figure out why my Video Input from VCR was So Jerky and Un-stable!?!? On a Computer that had Absolutetely nothing to do, but capture video,and is Isolated from the Outside World, and Preformed Flawlessly So Far!??!!Little did I know That MMC WAS IN "TV ON DEMAND" MODE Instead of PVR(??) MODE!!??.....I Found this out by noticing that the "CAMERA" Icon kept on saying "START RECORDING" without saying "STOP RECORDING" ,But the timer kept on going in real time....Plus the user interface has a Timeline Scale, showing on TV ON DEMAND that is not showing during Personal Video Recorder,witch is needed for Video Capture..Hope this Clears Up Some Contusions for ATI USERS?????
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Yep, easy to make mistakes when you don't pay very close attention.
Video is an extremely complex area of digital work -- not a whole lot difference from server management (web hosting).
Easier to screw up than to do things correct!

You're not alone ... we've all made these silly little mistakes.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs