Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-10-2021, 06:14 AM
Free Member

Hi all,

I've got a fairly basic set-up arranged to back-up some material from old home-recorded VHS tapes: decent VCR connecting through SCART to a basic capture card through USB to my desktop PC where I'm recording in OBS. Everything seems to generally work fine - the picture's clear, the sound's clear, there's no lag or slowdown and I'm able to make solid recordings from the VCR.

Except, every recording has the same audio problem; even though there's no flaw in the audio while playing, there's a distinct pop/click noise every time a recorded file starts, stops, is paused or is unpaused (and repeatedly if scrubbed through quickly. It's persisting no matter what program I use to record (I've tried the cheap program that came with the capture card, ArcSoft Studio, and VirtualDub), to play back and even if the video file is converted into a different format with different audio encoding (through Freemake Video Converter). This is the second capture card I've had this problem on (the previous one having composite connection rather than SCART).

Process of elimination would suggest it's a problem with my PC (or the capture cards being too cheap), but I've not got a clue what that might be or how to remedy it. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors