Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Free Member

Hey lordsmurf,

I had a pana NV-FS200, which I loved (until it broke down ).

Tried to service it, but some parts no longer available, and though they're good, the older machines are prone to break down. So... looking to buy the best pal s-vhs/vhs deck, money not an issue. I guess I need to tap your expertise on this subject a bit, as I don't have much experience. Although I do have one of those nice JVC S-VHS decks with the dynamic drum system (I can't remember the model) and while the picture isn't bad, it has a BAD tendency to chew tapes, if the heads or transport system gets dirty, which I DON"T want, as I'm archiving some old tapes, which are nigh on impossible to replace. So... if you were to recommend to me your top pick, for the sharpest, best quality output, with a built in TBC (full frame preferred), and all the other bells & whistles (DNR etc), what would you choose? Manufacturer doesn't matter, I just want the best possible output. BTW, I also have a Japanese made JVC HR-W5 which I just love, for the beautiful quality output. Hopefully there is a PAL model that can equal it. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,

astro

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
My honest advise is to get another NV-FS200 (or the clones).
The clone brands/models are mentioned here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...ing-guide.html

I think that'd be the best choice for you.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs