04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Free Member

Hi, I just ran into some troubles my capture setup. Since recently, while capturing, the sound comes with some weird tapping noise that sounds like audio parasites (see the attatch video for a sample), which I never had before. I tryed many things:

- Unplug/replug the vhs player;
- Close & restart the capture softwate (cyberlink power producer & virtualdub);
- Change the RCA clables;
- Place the vhs player somewhere far from the computer;
- Change the capture card;
- Clean up the inside of both computer and vhs player (dust removal).

I really don't know what else to do now. Any suggestions or help will be welcome.

Thanks to answer

Attached Files
File Type: mpg Movie_00_(Capture).mpg (15.74 MB, 11 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Free Member

Maybe Antenna-Input is plugged in?

2nd idea: maybe you can test on other outlet?
05-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Free Member

Hi, sorry to have taken so long to answer.Acden, I have no anthenna plugged in the input and I also tested on other outlet, same results. I think I may have a good idea about this issue, which may be related to the mother board, since I tested the capture card on another PC and the sound was very good. So I was wondering, if the issue is coming from the motherboard, what may cause this & what can I do to solve this problem ?

What I have for motherboard is this : Asus P8 H67-M PRO/CSM

Thanks to answer
05-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Free Member

How do you capture sound?
05-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

The audio is massively distorted, even when it's not buzzing. The gain is far, far too high somewhere, either in the computer's audio settings (in Windows and/or in the capture software), or possibly a flaw in the hardware itself. Note that hardware flaws are less likely. Sometimes a VCR can have bad settings (internal audio controls), or simply be flawed hardware.

The fuzz could be the HiFi track on the tape itself, unless you're able to play it perfectly fine in another scenario.

You have to do your best to eliminate variables.

I don't think this has anything to do with electrical interference, meaning it's not power related.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: monks19 (07-20-2012)