06-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Free Member

So i am now trying to get ATI AIW to work with my Graphic Card, which also is ATI (though it doesnīt matter).

But as you may know, using another Graphic Card with AIW makes the TV Tuner turn off, itīs unusable.

So, the only solution for me, is to remove my Graphic Card, which is pretty time consuming.

But it seems that some motherboards allow you to select which graphic card should take priority over the other (PCI over PCI-E for example).

Does anyone know if this makes the TV Tuner work?
Cause i am guessing it turns off cause of it not being the Primary card, and my motherboard doesnīt allow me to change, it always put PCI-E above PCI, no matter what slot i use.

Cause if that solves the problem, it would be far easier to just change bios setting from time to time, then to open and remove the Card all the time.

And yes, i know this should be done with a dedicated PC just for this, but it would be perfect if i can use it on this PC.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
I've never seen one that -- properly, at least! -- selects which graphics card is active, if two are present. I've always just left it alone. The biggest issue is changing the drivers each time, which ATI doesn't like. At best, you'd have to dual-boot, on top of two cards. And that probably defeats the purpose of having one computer.

I'd rather KVM two, when I can.

There's a way to make the PCI, AGP, and PCI Express cards work with Windows 7. We got it to work here, but are having trouble repeating it a few times. We keep working on it.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Free Member

Not sure what you mean there.

But the only way for it to work for me is to remove the Graphic Card.
It doesnīt matter what i do with the drivers once i am in the OS.

But i am guessing a BIOS that allows choosing a Graphic card makes a difference, as it seems to be a hardware issue, not a software.

And great that it can work on Windows 7, i got it working in Vista, but itīs pretty much give and take, a restart can make it break and i have to play around again.

In Windows 7, i couldnīt get a working picture not matter what i did:S
07-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
We have it stable in both Vista and 7 -- the problem is repeating it. I think a raw Windows 7 update can't be done. It must be an upgrade to either Vista or XP. I won't get back to it until next month sometime.

The best thing to do is make it the only card.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Free Member

You mean, upgrading from Windows XP/Vista to Windows 7?
That would explain why it didnīt work for me, i tried it for hours.

True, would do that if i could;S

Wish you luck in getting it to work properly, as having Vista and 7 can get some nice advantages, even when using old stuff.