09-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Free Member

Hi,

I am not a computer expert, so I don't know all the initials that everyone throws out there about formats and such, so please write simple so that I may understand. I am trying to convert my VHSC tapes to DVD. I have a Panasonic PV-L550 VHSC palmcorder and a Sony multifunction DVD recorder. I connected a cable into the A/V out on the camcorder and the red/white/yellow end of the cable into the Sony recorder for video/audio. My problem is that the video dubs fine, but I have no audio. Why does it not record the audio as well?

I also have a VHSC adapter, where I put the VHSC tape into the adapter then into the VCR to play. I have tried connecting my VCR with this tape in it to my Sony DVD recorder only to find that while the tape is playing in the VCR, it has all these lines going up and down on the picture and sometimes is just black/white static picture that gets recorded on the DVD. Please help! It seems that the only 2 options that I have to work with does not work in transferring to DVD. What else do I need or need to do to get a simple copy of my VHSC tapes onto DVD? You do not know how much I appreciate your help, as I have many family tapes that I would like to transfer.

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors