digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   Not Getting Video or Audio from ATI 600 USB (http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/4515-video-audio-ati.html)

ben_r_ 08-25-2012 05:06 PM

Not Getting Video or Audio from ATI 600 USB
 
1 Attachment(s)
Using:

JVC S7800U > DataVideo TBC-1000 > ATI 600 USB (all connected via S-Video and RCA for audio) > Win 7 64

All I get in VirtualDub 1.9.11 with ATI 600 USB as the selected device is: see attachment

Clean install of drivers for ATI 600 USB downloaded from this site. Never had any other ATI device installed on this computer.

What am I doing wrong? I previously had the JVC S7800U going to a Grass Valley (Canopus) ADVC300, but after reading here that that unit does little and after not being terribly pleased with the results I got I sold it and bought the ATI 600 USB and TBC-1000. However I was getting video into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 with the Canopus.

ben_r_ 08-29-2012 07:31 PM

No one has ANY suggestions as to why this might not be working?

Im now looking into either getting the Matrox MM-02 Mini or trying this new Diamond GC500: LINK

volksjager 08-29-2012 07:45 PM

is the 600usb working in Catalyst Media Center?

ben_r_ 08-29-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volksjager (Post 22659)
is the 600usb working in Catalyst Media Center?

Good question! I hadnt thought to try. I just opened the Catalyst Media Center, selected to Watch TV and in the Settings menu changed the input to S-Video and yep, video and audio from the VCR comes through the TBC-1000 just fine. So that eliminates the ATI 600 USB I think. Now it must just be an issue/setting I have to change/fix in VirtualDub.

robjv1 08-30-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben_r_ (Post 22661)
Good question! I hadnt thought to try. I just opened the Catalyst Media Center, selected to Watch TV and in the Settings menu changed the input to S-Video and yep, video and audio from the VCR comes through the TBC-1000 just fine. So that eliminates the ATI 600 USB I think. Now it must just be an issue/setting I have to change/fix in VirtualDub.

Dumb question I know, but since that looks like the typical TV snow, in VirtualDub once in capture mode, did you click the Video menu, choose Video Source, and select "Video SVideo" instead of "Video Tuner"? That looks like the issue to me.

ben_r_ 08-30-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robjv1 (Post 22670)
Dumb question I know, but since that looks like the typical TV snow, in VirtualDub once in capture mode, did you click the Video menu, choose Video Source, and select "Video SVideo" instead of "Video Tuner"? That looks like the issue to me.

Not a dumb question at all. Im very new to this stuff and its def a mistake I could make. And you were absolutely right! I hadnt found the Video > Video Source menu options. Now I am getting video and can start playing with filters and captures! Thank you very much :)

robjv1 08-30-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben_r_ (Post 22671)
Not a dumb question at all. Im very new to this stuff and its def a mistake I could make. And you were absolutely right! I hadnt found the Video > Video Source menu options. Now I am getting video and can start playing with filters and captures! Thank you very much :)

Awesome! I'm glad you're in business. I've heard a lot of good things about that card -- I have the ATI 750HD myself and am pretty impressed with it.

ben_r_ 08-30-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robjv1 (Post 22672)
Awesome! I'm glad you're in business. I've heard a lot of good things about that card -- I have the ATI 750HD myself and am pretty impressed with it.

Yep, so had I, in fact all the pieces I bought I bought because the were recommended from this site. Very glad I did as preserving these old home movies will mean the world to my family. Now to sift through the slew of VirtualDub filters/etc and try and figure out what will help to clean things up and what I dont need. I have a feeling thats going to take even longer than the hardware configuration did!

robjv1 08-30-2012 09:10 PM

Yes you're probably right! :p


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM

Site design, images and content © 2002-2022 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2022 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.