05-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Premium Member

I have captured from my VHS recorder to PC via AIW 128 pro but suddenly the picture is B & W. The sound is ok.

Any help will be appreciated.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Premium Member

I noticed that a cheaper S-video cable gives me color capture but the ATI or another expensive one gives B & W. Am confused.
05-14-2005, 03:55 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

You have me confused too.
What "ATI one" are you referring to? ATI does not give away s-video or composite cables with it's cards.

Bad s-video cables, or signal crossover (swapping from s-video to composite somewhere in a video chain) is known to give B&W signals.

If I chain a s-video/composite mix, I get B&W image too, depending on how I run the cables.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
05-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
You have me confused too.
What "ATI one" are you referring to? ATI does not give away s-video or composite cables with it's cards.

Bad s-video cables, or signal crossover (swapping from s-video to composite somewhere in a video chain) is known to give B&W signals.

If I chain a s-video/composite mix, I get B&W image too, depending on how I run the cables.
My PAL box came with composite and S-Video cables! Maybe the European versions do. I have seen them on eBay UK as well.

The expensive S-Video is Silverscrren. BTW The S-video cable that came with the Card works ok with the analogue Hi8 camcorder with color captures. It gives b&W with the VCR which is 6 months old.
05-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

The reason I didn't respond to this before was I didn't really see a question. But in response...

Like I said, some s-video cables do that with PAL video. It may not be a good wire. It may merely be defective.

I would just use what works. As I'm reading things, it sounds like you have cables that work, just not necessarily the ones you wanted to use.

This is also a problem when use most SCART adapters, B&W is the outcome.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!