09-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Free Member

When transferring vhs to dvd, there are some settings I don't understand and I have yet to find a post about this. They are on the JVC DR-M10 under the utility menu and, pardon me because I am not looking at the unit, they have something to do with the audio out (like analog/digital audio out and output level). There are different settings in there and I'm not sure if I should tweak them. Can someone tell me what settings I should have this on?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4npg View Post
When transferring vhs to dvd, there are some settings I don't understand and I have yet to find a post about this. They are on the JVC DR-M10 under the utility menu and, pardon me because I am not looking at the unit, they have something to do with the audio out (like analog/digital audio out and output level). There are different settings in there and I'm not sure if I should tweak them. Can someone tell me what settings I should have this on?
What are the options exactly? I have the JVC DR-M100, so I'm not sure if the menus are quite the same or not, but I think they are similar.

I believe all of the options in that menu apply only to the DVD recorders audio processing on playback (D. Range Control, Analog Output Stereo/Dolby Surround, Output Level). The most appropriate choices will depend on your receiver/TV and how you have it hooked up. It has no effect on recordings.

However there may be an audio setting in one of the menus (I can't remember which one it is) which has consequences for recording. For the setting 'XP Mode Rec Audio', you most likely want to have that set to Dolby Digital and not PCM. This will allow more bitrate to be available for video processing -- unless you're planning to heavily filter the audio in software or something, there is no need to use PCM audio with VHS to DVD conversions.