digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   DVD Recorder, recording problems... help!? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/461-dvd-recorder-recording.html)

emokid 06-09-2005 06:51 AM

DVD Recorder, recording problems... help!?

Alright, I have the ILO DVDR04 ... upgraded with latest firmware

okay.. problem.. almost everytime i record something.. on to dvd+rw and I use dvd decryptor to put the files on my computer.. it says " PACK HEADER NOT FOUND " well, after that, it finishes... so I'll load my .vobs into womble mpeg vcr, and half the video is gone, or it freezes on a frame, and its gone... whuts causing this?!

my media is SONY 1x-4x DVD+RW I even have some free media from supermedia store ive tried, does the same thing.. its also +RW.. any help, Thx!!!

lordsmurf 06-09-2005 07:03 AM

Are you using IFO mode?

emokid 06-09-2005 07:25 AM

file mode, and ive tried that one too ( just not on my latest disk ) ill check it now

emokid 06-09-2005 07:36 AM

i did that now, no errors, but half the shows aren't there now.. 2 of them are missing...

tobal2 06-09-2005 09:19 AM

did you record some of the shows continuously (i.e. one long recording for some of them)? If so they'll be combined into single files in IFO mode and you'll have to edit them through MPEG-VCR.

emokid 06-09-2005 10:16 AM

tobal, thats not the problem.... all the vids are messed up, the frames are frozen and doesn't show the rest of the video... and in decryptor all I get are PACK HEADER NOT FOUND... so nothing works... and the last recording I done.. 3hrs... none of the vid is good :( so that was a waste!

emokid 06-10-2005 01:08 AM

Alright, I ran up to the local mall thats like 1 min from my house... picked up some Maxell DVD+RW, because they didn't have verbatim or fuji or anything.. and I was getting fed up with this, so I took a gamble... well. so far, burned 2 things with it, and its been fine when ripping to my comp.. *crosses my fingers* anyhow, Thanks Guys!! :) if you ever have a prob with something, try atleast 5 differ medias, because on my 3rd media, it has been fine :)

lordsmurf 06-10-2005 01:33 AM

It would nice if you could look at the media IDs of these discs, brand name doesn't really help.

emokid 06-10-2005 07:17 AM

LS I understand, but the media I had wasn't working out for me... and this is, so im good to go :) Thx tho, i'll get some media IDs up here in a few.. from each brand

markatisu 06-10-2005 03:59 PM

I was reading over at videohelp.com about this very same problems. Seems the ILO model hates certain media and when you find one that works it is wise to stick with that brand all the time, they note Maxell DVD+RW's as one of the only ones that seems to provide flawless records and flawless scans in Nero's scanning software

emokid 06-10-2005 04:07 PM

yea, so far... recorded about 5 disks since I've picked them up.. pefect :) so yes, this is a damn good dvd recorder then!! hacked, no macro, region free :) whut more could u want :) also, a hackable 3 hrs record mode :)

markatisu 06-15-2005 05:00 PM

Is everything still going OK, been thinking about picking this up for the bedroom in a week or so