09-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Free Member

Using a new Memorex DVD+RW, I tried transferring a few hours of HDD recording to the DVD. Got a DVD E13 error.
I formatted my DVD+RW using ImgBurn (per another thread) and it formatted fine. I put the DVD+RW into the H2150MW9 and dubbing was grayed out. I erased the DVD then dubbing showed up. I tried to save a few hours recordings to the DVD but a write error, E1900000000, occurred. Can not write to DVD error. The DVD+RW was just bought (Memorex). I have had the same problem with Sony and Verbatim DVD+RW. Any ideas?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

This sounds like an aged or dying burner inside the recorder.

When a burner is going out:
  1. First, the DVD-RW, DVD+RW and DVD-RAM read/write ability goes.
  2. Second, the DVD-R and DVD+R read/write ability goes.
  3. Third, the DVD-ROM ability goes. (DVD-ROM = pressed, commercial, retail, "store-bought" type discs.)
My suggestion would be to try a Verbatim DVD+R disc, not DVD+RW, and see what happens.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
09-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Free Member

I tried a Philips DVD+R and it worked, though it cut off at 18 titles.

-- merged --

The problem seems (I never commit) to be fixed. So far, all the DVD+RW that failed before are working.
We had well over 300 titles and the HDD was within an hour of being full. DVD+R worked so I moved 18 titles at a time (that's the limit) and also purged/watched many old titles; some dating back to 2009. After doing this (down to 270 titles and over 30 hours availability) all of a sudden the DVD+RWs started working. When they are put in the drive, they format instead of load. It seems the 2160A recognizes the DVD+RW needs formatting and does it. Manual format did not work. Some limit must have been exceeded (titles? availability?) and now it ok.

Doug
09-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Hmmm..... how long was it running when it stopped?
The DVD drive may have overheated if you had been playing/burning for hours.

Do note that overheating often causes permanent damage, so be careful of overusing optical media hardware.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Free Member

DVD+RW not working was for several weeks. We tried a few different brands, formatted them on a PC, etc, nothing worked until we removed a bunch of titles and freed up some disk space.
09-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Free Member

Perhaps making discs in real time requires extra space on hard drive?
I dunno, got the same model and it has served me well for several years and I haven't had any problems with it.
I almost always do burns in 4X....whatever it is called.
There is a forum that supposedly tells how to replace hard drive and/or burner on that model.....
10-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve(MS) View Post
Perhaps making discs in real time requires extra space on hard drive?
This is actually very likely.

The data on the hard drive is not necessarily burn-ready. It may need some amount of temp/swap space to re-organize or reformat the data into disc-ready content for burning. If there's not any open hard drive space, then you'll run into errors. I've seen something similar on RCA DRC-8030N DVD recorders, where filling up the hard drive would corrupt some of the recordings. It was likely related to fragmentation on the drive, combined with a lack of free space for temp use.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: redbolter (02-16-2016)