Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Free Member

Hello,

Just wanted to say first off, what a great site! I'm was more than happy to become a premium member after reading through all the different posts and trying to absorb as much info as I can from all the very knowledgable people here.

I just bought the ATI AIW x800xl PCI-e as well as the input/output Domino cables and the scart? (Input/output adapter - Not sure if this the right name for it) from ebay.
I installed the recommended legacy drivers (10.2) and installed MMC 9.16 as per this post #48 by Lordsmurf http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...r-hacks-3.html
I think it installed correctly. I followed the install order that I found on a different post. The "ATI T200 Unified AVstream Driver" and "Radeon x800 series display adapters" show up in device manager.

When I am in virtualdub, I can see the video perfectly as the VCR is playing but as soon as I try to capture, the screen goes almost completely green and you can kind of see lines of video in the background of the green screen.
The same thing happens when I use the TV function of MMC 9.16. I get the green screen even before trying to capture.
My dell did have a video card in the PCI-e slot that I removed as well as the driver.

The tape I was playing doesn't have Macrovision. It is a home recording.

Also, not sure if this matters or not but there is a "Legacy Video capture device" showing up in device manager and I'm not sure why it is there. Windows won't allow me to remove it. Is it possibly conflicting with the ATI T200 Unified Driver?

I hope I am making sense and someone can help me out with this.

My setup is:
Windows Xp pro SP3
Dell Dimension 5150 pentium 4 / 1 GB Ram
Panasonic ag-1980 S-VHS

Thank you.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
Just wanted to say first off, what a great site! I'm was more than happy to become a premium member after reading through all the different posts and trying to absorb as much info as I can from all the very knowledgable people here.
Thanks!
We've had a ton a new posts and articles in the past week -- reason it took so long to respond!
But now there's even more good stuff to read! I had to come reply to some posts.

Quote:
When I am in virtualdub, I can see the video perfectly as the VCR is playing but as soon as I try to capture, the screen goes almost completely green and you can kind of see lines of video in the background of the green screen.
Overlay or Preview mode? When one won't work, try the other.

Quote:
The same thing happens when I use the TV function of MMC 9.16. I get the green screen even before trying to capture.
Odd. Never seen that. I'm not sure what to say.

Quote:
Also, not sure if this matters or not but there is a "Legacy Video capture device" showing up in device manager and I'm not sure why it is there. Windows won't allow me to remove it. Is it possibly conflicting with the ATI T200 Unified Driver?
This is a ATI x1800 (or x1900, I forget) setup:

ati-devices.jpg

... so I don't think that's it. That system was in use today, and I just took the screen cap.

Quote:
Windows Xp pro SP3
Dell Dimension 5150 pentium 4 / 1 GB Ram
Panasonic ag-1980 S-VHS
Everything seems fine here. The drivers are not cooperating on that card, it seems.

I'm missing something. *

* Stupid stroke. Every now and then I can't remember something. These little gaps in my memory.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs