Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Premium Member

Upon the initial launch of WinTV v7, right after installation, I am able to get video and audio of my VHS s-video input. However, once I close WinTV and relaunch, I get "No Signal" when I go to the s-video input. I've tried connecting the VCR to the composite input (using different cables) and also get "No Signal".

Here are my other specs:
- Windows 7
- Hauppauge PVR-150 with the updated drivers from Hauppauge (running the .exe several times during troubleshooting)

I've tried removing the inputs in the software and rescanning - no signal.
I've tried the capture card in a different PCI slot - same results.

What should I do to maintain a reliable signal via s-video in WinTV v7?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
I've never tried to use WinTV (any version) on Windows 7. My feeling is that, like ATI MMC, WinTV may only work well with the older OS. WinTV7, was, I believe, out during the Vista days. However, as we all know, Vista nad Win7 still have important differences when it comes to the a/v sub-system (ie, how the OS handles audio and video).

Curious what you found since posting this.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs