06-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Free Member

I'm having problems with some video files that I'm putting onto DVD. They're torrent files, I've downloaded & put many onto DVD before with no problems, however these last few DVDs I've done, the DVD freezes up as I'm watching it, and doesn't come out of it.

I originally thought this was a problem with ImgBurn, because towards the end of making the DVD, an error would always come up. So, I started just burning it straight from ConvertXtoDVD. It burned fine, but the freezing would occur when i was watching it on my DVD player.

Is there a way to find out if the video has some kinda error on it before I actually put it onto DVD? It would save me a lot of time and blank DVDs in the long run.

Is there some kinda program or something that I can use to scan the video before I put it onto DVD to find out if there's any errors on the video?

Or, is there some program I can just run every video file through that will automatically fix any problems on the video?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
That's a blank DVD issues. The disc is bad. What are you using? (media ID not brand)
If good, the DVD burner could have issues. What is it?
Or the DVD player may be going out on you. They only last a few years, and burned DVDs are the first to misread.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs