Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Free Member

Since we are doing some remodeling in our basement I thought I would consolidate all of my stuff onto a shelving rack. Over the past year or so I have been acquiring capture equipment following the advice of the people of this forum. I thought it turned out pretty nice so I thought I would send a picture. It's strictly an indoor hobby for fun. When I read the new guide LS just published about capturing MPEG2 to DVD I thought I finally got something right! HM-DH5U (bought from classifieds from this site), AVT-8710, each computer has an ATI 7500 AIW running MMC 8.8. Thanks for everyones help.

Attached Files
File Type: rar IMG_2022.rar (1.80 MB, 18 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
This is all I plan to do in 2014 -- write guides as I can.

Premium Members can see our list, and give comments and suggestion, at http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/prem...-official.html

It's a huge list. But I'm starting on capturing and workflow first, and then make my way into DVD media, then on to restoration. I need to update most guides for the 2010s. I keep editing that first post to add/remove as needed. That MPEG-2 capture card workflow guide was just 1 guide of many.

Still a lot of organization has to go on behind the scenes, but we've got a plan now. It's just LOTS and LOTS of code to get there.

Anyway... back on topic....

You rig looks perfect.

Few thoughts:
- Make sure the AVT-8710 is not screwy. Test on the JVC menu screen,
- And then make sure the VCR can track both EP and SP fine, and NEVER use it for VHS-C tapes.

You'll like the AVI workflow guide, too. In fact, you'll find use in most of new capture guides.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs