Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Free Member

I am very technically challenged so please be patient with me. If I either purchase or stream a video from Amazon, is there a way to record it on my DVD recorder? I have no idea what channel to set it to or line input or even the TV setting input. I would like to purchase some videos but would like to burn them using my recorder.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

You have to connect your computer to a DVD recorder. So it depends on what kind of output you have available on you computer.

For example, my desktop equipped with an ATI All In Wonder video/graphics card can output via s-video.
Some have composite.
Some have HDMI.
Some have nothing at all.

The DVD recorder also needs to accept that kind of input, either directly or via an adapter.

In terms of non-technical ease, this honestly isn't any easier than a program would have been. But no program exists to both rip and convert this. Amazon simply does not want users to download its video, same as Hulu, and right now there's nothing to be done about it. If ever it does become possible, it'll likely be unofficial/unlicensed methods that often carry a heavy tech learning curve. A year ago, you could download Hulu streams, but it was fairly techie to do.

Another option is to hook up two computers -- one to play, one to capture. But again, it depends on what you have available.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
12-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
You have to connect your computer to a DVD recorder. So it depends on what kind of output you have available on you computer.

For example, my desktop equipped with an ATI All In Wonder video/graphics card can output via s-video.
Some have composite.
Some have HDMI.
Some have nothing at all.

The DVD recorder also needs to accept that kind of input, either directly or via an adapter.

In terms of non-technical ease, this honestly isn't any easier than a program would have been. But no program exists to both rip and convert this. Amazon simply does not want users to download its video, same as Hulu, and right now there's nothing to be done about it. If ever it does become possible, it'll likely be unofficial/unlicensed methods that often carry a heavy tech learning curve. A year ago, you could download Hulu streams, but it was fairly techie to do.

Another option is to hook up two computers -- one to play, one to capture. But again, it depends on what you have available.
I know how to do it from my computer. I was wondering if there is a way to do it from my TV.
12-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Free Member

most TV's do not have outputs
if you are using an internet TV to stream - then no you cant
if you are using a game console or internet equiped blu-ray player to do the streaming than you can just hook up your dvd recorder to that devices output.
12-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Free Member

Thank you. I didn't think I could but thought I would ask. I have some capture software that downloads onto my hard drive but I don't know if I can burn it on the computer. In fact, I am not sure I would know how to find the file. Definitely computer challenged.