Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Free Member

is there any good quality rca cables that are not a PITA to remove from JVC decks?
i have tried monster, acoustic research, dynex, isimple and some others
all grip my decks very tightly and are hard to remove
i worry about damaging the decks terminals removing them
the el-cheapo thin red/white cables come off easily
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Even harder and bigger PITA than the composite inputs are the s-video inputs.

Did what I did -- buy extension cables. Leave the extentions in the JVCs, Panasonics, and whatever else you have. Then all you need to do is unplug/re-plug the cable from the extensions. That way, you never risk breaking the inputs on the deck. Because they WILL breaks, and they're expensive to repair!

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs