digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   Problem with ATI TV Wonder 600 USB in VirtualDub - no audio? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/5755-problem-ati-tv.html)

Zoink187 03-01-2014 05:10 PM

Problem with ATI TV Wonder 600 USB in VirtualDub - no audio?

Hello Everyone,
I am not getting any video or audio when I attempt to capture Avi using huffyuv on my win 7 32 bit system. I tried virtualdub 1.10 and the latest version of iuvcr and neither show up on my screen. All connections are proper and I configured the ATI tuner and drivers in windows media center. There are also no problems on device manager. I installed the drivers from Win Vista 32 bit. In the options pull down menu, I can see ATI TV Wonder USB and I choose that hardware. What am I doing wrong?

volksjager 03-01-2014 06:13 PM

are you using s-video or composite?
you may have change the settings
have you tired it in CMC?

Zoink187 03-01-2014 11:18 PM

I'm using S video. Let me try cmc

Zoink187 03-02-2014 09:43 AM

Alright! I went into the input settings in virtual dub and viola! It works! Thanks. It was a simple fix!

Now, I'm looking for advice on settings/filters within virtual dub to clean it up pre capture. The signal is stable thanks to a basic tbc within the VCR. I have signal ribbon on the bottom of the screen and the grainy image of the subjects (because of too much zoom) becomes somewhat blurry. I want to also adjust brightness and color but nothing extreme. Any recommendations?

volksjager 03-02-2014 11:49 AM

the "signal ribbon" you are refering to is most likely the overscan - which will be on any tape
you can either mask it with black bars or crop it out.

TylerDurden389 03-02-2014 07:40 PM

Not sure if this helps me since my computer is different than yours, but I have the same problem. No audio with virtuadub when trying to capture AVI. Assuming CMC means "Catalyst Media Center", I couldn't get that to work either.

Zoink187 03-02-2014 08:30 PM

I think it's the device settings in virtual dub.

lordsmurf 07-21-2014 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoink187 (Post 30654)
I think it's the device settings in virtual dub.

Yep, you are correct. :congrats:

File > Capture to enter capturing mode
Device > and select your device

Quote:

Now, I'm looking for advice on settings/filters within virtual dub to clean it up pre capture.
If you mean "filter while capturing" (filters in capturing mode), then don't. :no2:

Filter AFTER capturing.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)