Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-08-2014, 03:45 AM
Free Member

@metaleonid & premiumcapture: Thanks for sharing your experience with the various capture devices (partly on Mac OS). That information is very useful in my endeavor to capture S-VHS and LD material on my Mac.

If I may, I'd like to move the focus back onto the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle w/ Thunderbolt. Now, from what I understand you have both used that device, right? And according to metaleonid the device suffered from frame drops, whereas premiumcapture reported seemingly no loss of frames given a VHS player with built-in TBC was used, correct?
My JVC device has built-in TBC and the output of my S-VHS tapes is surprisingly decent, thus I am interesting in the Blackmagic device. However, their product manuals and support pages do not leave any clues as to whether or not PAL-60 is supported (official statement by e-mail pending). Could you perhaps shed some insight on this? Also, could you perhaps specify what codecs are available on Mac OS?

A lot of presumably decent devices mentioned here are not capable of PAL-60 capturing and/or limited to North American releases and thus hard to find (e.g. Mac specific Diamond or ATI devices). As a matter of fact, the only negative feedback I read concerning Blackmagic devices was either related to people with incompatible chipsets for USB 3, or problems with devices other than the Intensity Shuttle series. Therefore, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Free Member

My reply is here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...ac-os-vhs.html