Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Free Member

Hi,

Just joined the forum and could do with some advice. I'm not too technical at all, so please forgive me. Bascially, I'm currently trying to transfer lots of old home movies from VHS onto DVD, I've done a couple with success, but I've hit a problem now and am totally lost.

I'm using a brand new Daewoo DRVT-40/DRVT-43 DVD/VHS combi recorder. A couple of my VHS tapes were jumping and I couldn't get a clear picture to record, so I decided to try the tape in a very old Grundig VHS player (that's at least 15 years old), and for some reason my tapes that weren't playing clearly in the brand new recorder were suddenly crystal clear. I assume this is perhaps due to the tape being more compatible with the old equipment or something. Now, as the VHS recorder is rather old I only have a SCART lead and IN/OUT. The TV is an LCD panasonic, so the TV and the combi have got every kind of connection that I may need. How would I go about connecting them all up together so that I can record my DVD on the Daweoo combi recorder, but play the VHS in the old grundig VHS player where the picture is clear? I'm also confused because the combi recorder is set up to HDMI 2 channel, and the VHS player is on AV.

Second problem, some of my home movies tapes seem to have a copyright embedded into them, so I can't transfer them. Any idea of how I can get around this issue because I don't have other backups of the tapes and really need them to transfer for me.

Thanks again, I appreciate any help. I know it's probably easily sorted, but I'm totally clueless, so need all the help I can get!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors