02-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Free Member

Hello

Great site and guides!!

What is your view on using some of the panasonic time lapse VCR's.

It was mentioned on a professional transfer site thay used/recommended these (AG TL -350) along with an non-timelapse AG-4700 (which is not mentioned in your list).

I would require a PAL vcr. Are all the AG models for NTSC? Would the above models be NTSC only?

What is your opinion on these?

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
That's terrible advice. The time-lapse is just a generic VHS VCR, no useful features. Complete POS. I'm curious what other bad advice is on the so-called "professional transfer site".

The AG4700 has lots of info in the forum already. In general, no, not ideal, especially not as first-line deck. Prone to various problems, lots of repair questions in the forum.

Yes, I believe AG is just NTSC, whereas PAL is the NV.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs