02-25-2018, 05:52 AM
Premium Member

They do nothing. Just started recently, I assume...usually adjustments are fairly minor. Noticed just now because I made a rather large change.

I use GraphEdit to get the output straight from the Live2 into AviSynth with a waveform and vectorscope for adjustments. That all works just fine, tweaking in GraphEdit, but in VDub it doesn't make a difference.

There was a large green area at the bottom of the capture last night, and I fiddled with something about the format to fix that (it was only capturing 80% of the picture, vertically, then using the green to fill out to the required capture size). Not sure if that broke the proc amp settings somehow, or how the vertical resolution got broken in the first place.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-15-2018, 08:35 AM
Premium Member

Anyone? I've tried deleting and redownloading version 1.9.11, downloading version 1.10.4...still no dice.

I can use GraphEdit to adjust the proc amp settings if I make changes while VDub is in Capture mode, but as soon as I press the 'capture' button it reverts to default settings.
03-17-2018, 02:46 AM
Premium Member

Tried it with a computer that's never had VDub on it, and the same issue occurred.

It always defaults to an NTSC decoder, though, and this started when my laptop somehow got set to NTSC. So I'm hoping I've just picked the wrong PAL setting.

Options are PAL_B, PAL_D, PAL_G, PAL_H, PAL_I, PAL_M, PAL_N, and PAL_60. PAL_M and PAL_60 only detect 525 lines, the rest detect 625.
03-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Premium Member

I've rotated through all except M and 60, and still no effect from the proc amp settings. I have no idea WTF is going on, it all worked perfectly a couple of weeks ago and now it's broken across three different machines. The VDub Levels setting is the only way to make changes show up at all and it resets itself when I start either a capture or a test capture.

I tried AmarecTV, and I can see the changes happening in the preview as I drag the sliders around, and they stick when I hit OK on the Device Setting dialog. But when I hit OK on the Config dialog, it goes black for a second and comes back looking exactly the same as before I adjusted the proc amp settings.

So it looks like a Hauppauge issue, not a VDub issue. No idea how to resolve though.

EDIT: Updated the Hauppauge drivers, still no dice.

Last edited by koberulz; 03-17-2018 at 10:48 AM.