Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-26-2016, 06:14 PM
Free Member

Hi everyone,

A few years ago I worked on a project that involved capturing a lot of VHS tapes. I used an ATI Theater 650 PCIe card and a JVC SR-V101US deck. The problem I'm having now is I cannot seem to get the ATI Theater 650 card to work at all.

I know that it probably won't work with Windows 10 (I'm assuming), but I've been trying to get it to work with virtual machines using older versions of Windows with no success either.

It's not a driver issue, really. The problem is that the card doesn't seem to be recognized at all. I can't see anything in Device Manager either.

I can't remember how it was set up before, but does the ATI Theater card require additional power from the PSU? I does have a plug at the end of the card, but I can't see anything online about what sort of connector is required.

Probably if I can get the OS to recognize the card at all, I can get it to work. Any information you guys could provide would be very helpful.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-26-2016, 11:35 PM
Free Member

A little more information. I've got an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard, an Intel Core i7-4930k cpu, a Geforce 980 graphics card and 16gb of G Skill memory.

I've tried to install Windows 7 x32 on a different hard drive but even that OS doesn't seem to recognize the capture card.

Does anyone know if an additional power cable is required for the ATI Theatre 650 Pro PCIe card to be recognized? There is a place where a cable could connect on the card, but I can't find any information on the internet about it. I have used this card several years ago but I don't recall how it was connected. I used it with a different computer.

This is the exact card I have:

http://stuartconnections.com/product.../DSC01228w.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this? I would think that even if the card did require additional power, it would still show up in Device Manager.

I'd really appreciate any advice you could give on this matter.