Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,308 Times in 982 Posts
Doesn't the Canopus make a big deal about having its own built-in tbc? (Yes, it's ineffective, we all know that). Sometimes you don't need one if your playback is steady enough.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-13-2017, 05:16 AM
Free Member

Well, to be honest, I don't really know how "big deal" they make about it's built in TBC, but at least they do get paid for it! Damn this unit was expensive when I bought it! But to be honest, we don't hear much about Canopus devices at all over here. This unit wasn't available in any shop over here. I had to do a special order to get it. Anyway, this was before I discovered the digitalfaq site. I would've done so many things different today

Anyway, we all know that the TBC inside the ADVC-300 is useless... but I actually like the image quality from it. I did a lot of comparisons between it and my ATI AIW card a few years ago... and the Canopus device actually has a cleaner picture (with all NR filters disabled) and a nicer stability than my ATI AIW cards. Especially on bright white scenes, the image can start "flicker" with the ATI AIW cards, while the Canopus stays perfectly stable.

Anyway, the ATI AIW card is totally useless without the "Datavideo TBC-1000", so it won't be possible to use it on these tapes anyway. But I think this DVD recorder has some kind of TBC technology also. It has to be "good enough" on these tapes (not very important recordings) and at least it's a whole lot better than B&W picture, that's for sure! ;-)

Once again, thank you very much, Sanlyn