Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Free Member

I don't see any threads on here about this card. I have read reviews on BH and Amazon and the bulk of the bad reviews seem to be driver related from 2015. Does anyone have any current experience with this card for analog NTSC capture? It appears to work with Windows 10, and also appears to be listed as a high end consumer piece of hardware. The specs say it includes a professional, broadcast grade TBC. And can do compressed or uncompressed capture... I wanted to do most of my critical VHS capture to ProRes422 and this appears to be able to do it (but not clear if it is just on mac or Windows also). 10 bit color depth. So, along with a good JVC VHS desk, this should be all I need for top quality VHS capture?

It appears to have SPDIF RCA input also... I have a bunch of DAT audio tapes and an old DTC-700 with SPDIF RCA outputs, and I would like to transfer to PC, so I am assuming this card will do the trick? I use Audacity for analog audio captures via PC audio in... I would love to know if Audacity will work with this card for both analog and digital audio capture. UPDATE: I just looked closer at specs, and this appears to be output only... so, i am stuck getting a separate sound card with SPDIF input...

As a bonus, it appears I can use it with my 4K Camera HDMI out and record 4:2:2 uncompressed 4K HDMI if I want to.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on experience with this card. Is there any other card in this price range that is better?

Thanks!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-01-2017, 02:16 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Blackmagic cards had multiple problems. It wasn't just drivers, but unreported dropped frames as well. The SD functionality was a poor afterthought. Only the HD was decent. It's really quite sad, as I had high hopes for this card back when it was still in pre-release.

Just avoid BM cards for SD.

Lots of pros reported this. It wasn't just hobbyists like your normally see.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs