Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Premium Member

Hi, having trouble capturing Direct TV
I'm running XP Pro 3.06G P4 processor
AIW 8500DV Video Card.. It was working fine until I installed a 2nd larger hard drive.. now at various times
it will stop recording usually before I hit the 3min mark
If I set the quality to VCD it will go longer before stopping.when I run the PC check it tells me the audio clock isn't quite there, but also one of my hard drives may not be DMA enabled. When I checked in Device Manager
on my original hard drive tranfer mode says DMA if available Current transfer mode say PIO mode. Is this my problem? If so, how do I enable it?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-19-2004, 05:06 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Change it to DMA. In Windows XP, that drive mode is a selection list.

DMA is one problem.

The second problem sounds like you're out of hard drive space. You're probably still capturing to the primary drive, not your new secondary, and beyond that, the recycle bin may be full (empty it). If you have a special "trash manager" be sure it is not reserving space (Norton Protection, part of Norton Utilities, is one example).

Change your hard drive location in ATI MMC by going into the ONE TOUCH RECORDING and change the location where it saves files. The ONE TOUCH settings are MMC-wide.

Try all this then get back to me.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!