04-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Free Member

The original unit developed a loading fault.
It would periodically hang and then crash to "Loading". Usually happens when trying to delete off the hard drive. It takes ages to delete (rather than a couple of secs) then hangs for a few minutes then crashes. It will then not recover for however long it is left without being unplugged. On turning back on it will naturally start "Loading" again. However it never stopped "loading".

I ended up getting that first unit replaced by jvc swap. The replacement unit, another drmh20 is now doing the similar thing with the hard drive. It will now eventually get off loading. However when i go to record on to a disc in dvd mode (not the hdd mode) the unit crashed to the loading screen straight away and shuts down.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
You should see if you can get the DR-M30H in exchange, which is the current generation, which no longer has loading issues. The power supplies are created differently. I would be insistent with JVC support, you've already had two lemons from "old version" machines, time they scrapped their mistakes and moved on.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-06-2006, 01:09 AM
Free Member

There is now a JVC DR-MH200 and a JVC DR-MH300 which i assume are both next generation.

Contacted jvc and all they said is that they will replace it with the same model!
What is the point of that!