Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Free Member

I've read all of the information available here on the ATI cards, but I don't wish to go back to older tech to use one of those.

I've used Honestech's older cards before (version 4 I think), but their software left much to be desired. Has anyone tried version 8 from Honestech? How were your results? With this new card and revamped software it looks like it'll do what I need, but is there anything better to use that will work with Windows 10?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
I have a new (never used, just tested!) ATI 600 card, which works well with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. So basically all versions of Windows from the 2000s and 2010s.

Honestech uses low-end hardware (think EZcap/Easycap aka "easy crap"), and cheap third-party software. And, as you state, it leaves much to be desired. It's never been regarded as quality, and likely never will be. Their photo scanner devices are also notorious junk.

The ATI 600 is better. If you want one, PM me.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
08-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Free Member

I can see their older ones like the Version 4 I had being the same as the EZCap, but their latest box contains the same hardware? If so I wouldn't be so inclined to buy. I was also under the impression their software is made by them as well. At least that's how they make it seem.

Ok, I must have missed that somewhere that it's compatible with 10. What is a good program to use for capturing with it?

-- merged --

I emailed Honestech about their products and got a reply within 15 minutes. See the attached picture.

"The 8.0 Deluxe version does come with an updated Vidbox NW07, The hardware is not the same as EZCap, We design and build our own capture devices. Honestech developes their own software it is not third party. What is true is that Ezcap and other companys uses old versions of honestech software that Vidbox, inc no longer sells or supports."

Some more information on this model:
https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.p...ch_Vidbox_NW07

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Honestech.JPG (57.1 KB, 10 downloads)