Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Free Member

Well thanks to Lord Smurf and Sanlyn I now have a working capture system.

Well not a TBC yet but that is in the works in the next couple of months.

The only thing letting me down is my crappy sound card.

I understand that the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz cards work great with my ATI 9200. Do all their models work the same or are a couple better than the others?

Secondly, would an internal connection between the two cards be better than the ATI dongle? If so could anyone point me in the direction of purchasing the correct cable?

Finally I am just playing with settings for a few weeks. Both Virtualdub and the MMC for comparison. Both work but the MMC software when I run a diagnostic tells me that my CPU does not support MMC.

My CPU is a Pentium D @2.8Ghz which does support MMC.

I'm thinking my CPU is newer than the ATI 8.7 software and it just can't read it properly.

In any case capture are working fine.

Cheers,
Paul
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-17-2017, 01:11 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Although you now have a TB Santa Cruz card on the way, I still wanted to answer this...

Turtle Beach did have several cards, and no they do not behave the same. But it's been at least 10 years since I tested the other TB cards, so I don't really have any specifics.

ATI MMC had a database of supported hardware. Anything newer will usually fail. It very often fails on the soundcard tests.
- If everything is working, ignore it.
- If everything is NOT working, realize it could be giving you a false alert.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs