Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Free Member

Hello Lordsmurf,

Please see picture: https://s23.postimg.org/b71xzx5jv/Still0222_00000.jpg

This issue started when I was looking through some older captures I did and I'm seeing these weird multi colored square glitches randomly in the files like you see in the photo above. They seem to only appear for one frame and disappear. I'm capturing U-Matic tapes by the way.

My setup is as follows:

U-Matic Deck > FOR.A FA-310 TBC > GRASS VALLEY STORM MOBILE > CAPTURING FILE IN GRASS VALLEY EDIUS

I remember this happening a long time ago on the same computer but that was when I had a Canopus ADVC500 and it maybe happened twice ever at the most (that I can remember), definitely not at the rate they are appearing now. The couple times I noticed it with the ADVC500 I remember re-running the whole tape and it didn't do it on the second run.

I think I've narrowed it down and I think it's the FOR.A TBC, my question to you is have you ever seen or heard of such an issue being caused by a TBC?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks!
Jeremy

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
It sounds like DV artifacts, corrupted video. Better capture card would do better.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs