01-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Free Member

I'm testing different kinds of equipment for capturing and stumpled upon this:
http://www.macrosystem.be/nl/product...ioclassic.html

Dedicated video editing system, can be had for little money, I read the quality should be good, but no one tells me what quality the captured files are. I dont want to use the system for editing, just capturing.

The source is a JVC SVHS S8500 recorder.

I read elsewere that some bitrates Mpeg2 is quite good, but no idea if this device supports that.

For those who do not know the system: some info:
Quote:
Casablanca to the Core
The first thing we noticed when we first turned on the Avio DVD was a slightly updated, improved interface. A new font graced the screen. Also, the design lines were a lot cleaner. Even so, just a few minutes of editing reminded us that this was the same familiar Casablanca interface. In short, it looks a little better, but the mechanics of the interface are essentially unchanged, which is a good thing for those of you who have used Cassies before.

Out of the box, the Avio DVD required very little in the way of installation. The only thing that might throw our US readers off a bit is the audio and video RCA-plug adapter that must be connected to the European SCART adapter. This, and the occasional error message in German, reveals the Avio's origins on the other side of the Atlantic. While attempting to begin testing, we couldn't get a video signal into the Avio, until it was discovered that this little SCART adapter has an "input/output" switch that you have to flip. Our unit worked just fine via the RCA video connection, but the S-video connection only worked out of the lower SCART connection.
Quote:
DVD Arabesk is the Avio's DVD authoring software. On the main screen of Arabesk, the Add Project button allows you to (you guessed it) select and add an available project to a DVD. Arabesk immediately begins encoding your video into MPEG-2 video. At the Normal setting, MPEG encoding happens in real time (about 28fps). The High quality setting (which we recommend) is a bit slower, but still quite fast, rendering roughly 22fps. You can capture MPEG-2 video, which will allow you to capture more hours of video to disc, but this video will still need to be rendered before it is ready for your DVD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS-Fe2TGvwA
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-03-2018, 11:48 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
That's not something I'd ever mess with. Quality is surely lower than anything available in standard computer workflow, and more finicky than normal DVD recorder. It's clearly proprietary hardware, probably with no fix available if something go wrong. Maybe if it was under $100, and I was in an adventuresome video mood.

So are you looking at one?
Or do you actually have one in-hand to test out?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
02-04-2018, 01:16 AM
Free Member

Can buy one for 35 euro. Dont have it