Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-06-2018, 11:08 PM
Free Member

I understand, and I can provide a more real life example, but I think just learning what each thing does I might be able to improve my results.. I did notice the colors are a big difference, your colors look better, did you change any settings for that? Mine look very washed out, but yours was much more vibrant and full spectrum. I tried the NR at 6, I noticed that temporal smooth of 10, it looked very nice, almost as good as what you had but not as sharp. I've also noticed my videos have a red tint to them, so I am not sure what exactly is going on with that.

Is the Median filter the Median v2.4.4 by JPSDR or Median filter by Stolyarevskiy?

The NR of 3 seems to be as stable as yours (with some weird artifacts), but again, yours has better colors. See attached photo. Mine is on the right.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-02-07_00.11.38.jpg (35.2 KB, 8 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-06-2018, 11:19 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
I see no red tint. More likely your monitor is not calibrated.

I did nothing to the colors. Just the NR. (Note that I did not double-check any of my color encoding (rec601, rec709). I did save as 422. My main focus was completely on the grain noise. So any "more vibrant" colors could be wrong colorspace. And if anything, mine is really too dark.) TotalCode is already closed, so I can't really look it up.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
02-06-2018, 11:27 PM
Free Member

Sorry for not combining my posts, I wasn't sure if I could add an attachment to something already posted.

I just feel your result is more sharp and has more colors, but yeah it is a bit dark, not sure if that is a bad thing though. As far as the red tint, I noticed it on other videos, this video isn't a good example. The red issue though could have been from the original source (camcorder). I'm not sure, I don't think I'll bother you anymore about this for now as you've already given me plenty of your time. I appreciate it. This is something I'll need to do more of when I finish archiving everything, at least seeing what result you were able to get, it makes me feel better about my method. My current process will be archiving everything with HuffYUV then moving onto doing web/pc versions of each video. The current method takes 6 hours per tape, it is going to take a while as I probably have 50-100+ tapes. I just want to make sure I am doing everything right as I'm not even sure if my levels are correct during the capture process and I can't figure out how to even reset them to default (I may have touched them when I figure was playing with it). I had sent you a message about this. Obviously most levels can be correct afterwards anyway. This will take a long time

Tags
interference pattern, s-video, sr-vs30, vcr, vhs