Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Free Member

Hi friends

I've bough a s-vhs player jvc hr-s6600eu but when I connect it to my dvd recorder via SVHS out connection I get this image

but when I connect it using RCA video out I get this

Why the SVHS has a strange interlaced and the RCA is a clear image? How could fix the SVHS out? I've tried with different cables but keeps the same error

I have had other SVHS players and haven't had this kind of problems

Thanks for your help !
The following users thank ENORM for this useful post: BarryTheCrab (07-19-2018)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Free Member

It's a quirk of the jvc (and possibly other brands) menu screens and is normal behaviour. The player doesn't separate Chroma/luma properly when outputting the menu through s-video for whatever reason. It doesn't have any impact on playback though.
The following users thank hodgey for this useful post: BarryTheCrab (07-19-2018), lordsmurf (07-20-2018)
07-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,308 Times in 982 Posts
Good and accurate answer from hodgey (see above).

Your post is confusing at first. Probably some difficulty with terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENORM View Post
I've bough a s-vhs player jvc hr-s6600eu but when I connect it to my dvd recorder via SVHS out connection I get this image
but when I connect it using RCA video out I get this

Why the SVHS has a strange interlaced and the RCA is a clear image? How could fix the SVHS out? I've tried with different cables but keeps the same error

I have had other SVHS players and haven't had this kind of problems
By "RCA video out" I think you mean composite output. Do I surmise correctly?

There is no such thing as "SVHS output". SVHS is a tape format, not an electronic circuit. I think you mean "s-video".
07-20-2018, 04:23 AM
Free Member

Sorry for my poor english and bad terms

Yes, when I talk about RCA video ouptut I'm refering to composite video, with this connections
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ite-cables.jpg

and you're right again, when I say SVHS output is s-video connector, sorry again

So, do you recommend always to use s-video than composite, isn't it? s-video is better than composite, sure?

Here you have an example of a capture using s-video directly from player to recorder

and now using a Videonics MX-1 between player and recorder, always using s-video connector

Which do you prefer? Can you see the problems I had in the blue screen image? I'm really doubting what to do about that...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my boring post...
07-20-2018, 05:02 AM
Free Member

Use S-Video if you can.

The problems in the blue screen menu isn't present when playing tapes. The menus on these players are just like that, it's nothing to worry about.
The following users thank hodgey for this useful post: ENORM (07-20-2018), lordsmurf (07-20-2018)
07-20-2018, 05:29 AM
Free Member

Thanks again, Hodgey

Seeing the last 2 samples, the direct-capture and the videonix-between... which do you prefer?