01-26-2019, 12:56 PM
Free Member

Hi Guys!

I need help.

I have bought through this forum Ati AIW 600 USB capture device. I have downloaded the forum here Lordsmurffs used to in the driver and installed it, but virtualdun does not recognize the ATI AIW 600 USB capture my device. I have tried to remove the driver and install again and start windows xp computer again but it will not help. I can't find a way to get that working and I need help from you. I also began to doubt that ATI AIW 600 USB capture my device is sulfur.

Edit: Device Manager displays the ATI AIW 600 USB capture device in a question mark even though I have installed the driver CD-ROM.

Last edited by Mazufa; 01-26-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-26-2019, 03:12 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
You lack the driver disc. I'll upload it later today.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
01-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
You lack the driver disc. I'll upload it later today.
I have uploaded here for your forum published ATI AIW 600 usb iso file, and I burned from a CD for myself and I installed it on XP on my computer. But despite this, the virtualdup does not recognize the Ati AIW 600 USB capture device, and it also appears as a question mark in Device Manager. I don't understand what could be wrong.

I probably have a wrong driver. I have downloaded it from here and bring your card is at least different than mine:
http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...i-600-usb.html

Lordsmurf: You can put the right driver for Ati Aiw usb 600 Capture card here folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Dl?usp=sharing
01-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Site Staff | Video

There's no such animal as the "AIW 600", so I need to see which you have. Was it a black stick, or a gray brick?
And then OS matters. What OS are you using?

01-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Free Member

Might help to know what OS and the "bitness" being used:

Examples - XP, WVx32, WVx64, W7x32, W7x64, W8, W10

Even if he has the right disc the driver might not be acceptable to the OS for various reasons.
01-27-2019, 02:28 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
There's no such animal as the "AIW 600", so I need to see which you have. Was it a black stick, or a gray brick?
And then OS matters. What OS are you using?
Lordsmurf. Don't you remember? You sold me the actual hijacking device at the end of last year. It's a gray square Bozi, it's not a stick. The model of the capture device is ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0N

You told me that that capture device requires a Windows xp operating system, and I made a Windows XP Professional 32bit computer for digitalization.

Last edited by Mazufa; 01-27-2019 at 02:59 AM.
01-27-2019, 02:56 AM
Free Member

AIW - stands for All-In-Wonder, which is a combination Video Card + Capture Card that goes in a PC slot

The "ATI 600 USB" is a black stick, but its a TV-Wonder
The "ATI USB 2.0N" is is a gray box, but its a TV-Wonder

AIW 600 USB - doesn't exist, but its easy to see where the confusion arose

The ATI 600 USB uses a "different" driver disc from the ATI USB 2.0N

If the software from the ATI 600 USB disc is installed on XP instead of the software from the ATI USB 2.0N, then the operating system will not recognize the ATI USB 2.0N "gray box" and produce a yellow caution cone next to its name in the device manager.

The software between the two is "so different" its unlikely you will have problems installing one after the other. But its always preferable to start with a clean system.

Lordsmurf should be able to get you the disc you need, and that will fix you right up.
01-27-2019, 03:02 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillis84 View Post
AIW - stands for All-In-Wonder, which is a combination Video Card + Capture Card that goes in a PC slot

The "ATI 600 USB" is a black stick, but its a TV-Wonder
The "ATI USB 2.0N" is is a gray box, but its a TV-Wonder

AIW 600 USB - doesn't exist, but its easy to see where the confusion arose

The ATI 600 USB uses a "different" driver disc from the ATI USB 2.0N

If the software from the ATI 600 USB disc is installed on XP instead of the software from the ATI USB 2.0N, then the operating system will not recognize the ATI USB 2.0N "gray box" and produce a yellow caution cone next to its name in the device manager.

The software between the two is "so different" its unlikely you will have problems installing one after the other. But its always preferable to start with a clean system.

Lordsmurf should be able to get you the disc you need, and that will fix you right up.

My capture device is ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0N I have the wrong driver. I have found only ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 driver, and it is wrong in my kaappauslaitteeseeni. I have not been able to find the ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0N driver.
01-27-2019, 03:51 AM
Free Member

I can assure you that once you get the correct driver disc the "ATI USB 2.0N" performs very well under XP.

Attached is a screenshot of my laptop with one attached

If Lordsmurf has any trouble locating the disc I can provide one to him.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATI USB 2.0N.jpg (68.7 KB, 18 downloads)
01-27-2019, 03:57 AM
Free Member

Quote:
I can assure you that once you get the correct driver disc the "ATI USB 2.0N" performs very well under XP.

Attached is a screenshot of my laptop with one attached

If Lordsmurf has any trouble locating the disc I can provide one to him.

Nice to hear! Could you send me Ati TV Wonder USB 2.0N Driver CD? You can put it in my google drive folder which I will give you a link to. I could start digitalisation immediately if you give me the correct driver CD.
Thank you!

Last edited by Mazufa; 01-27-2019 at 04:34 AM.
01-27-2019, 04:15 AM
Free Member

I have sent you a Private Message.

Please read it.

You might want to remove the Google drive link in your last message to protect your account on Google Drive from malicious activity.

Its 4:16 am in the United States, which is where I live, so not many people are awake at this hour. I will be going to sleep very soon.

Lordsmurf may be better able to help you with your gray box, you might have a "Version" that I am not especially familiar with since you live in Finland.

I am not very familiar with PAL signal standards. However "I think" the ATI USB 2.0N "auto-detects" the standard and switches over to decoding that without user intervention.

But

The device driver does have a feature to allow you to "select" the broadcast standard it actually decodes if it auto-detects incorrectly. I think PAL-B is the UK region and it defaults to that.. but Finland may be on a different standard. The drop down list supports many more variations of the PAL standard, you may have to fine tune it.

I have attached a picture of the drop down menu, that lists the possible decoder broadcast standards it will support.

Note: Be sure to pay attention to the "Crossbars" setting when you choose which Input to use for your signal source into the gray box. It defaults to the Composite "yellow" RCA jack.. I think you call them "cinch connectors" over there, Radio Corporation of America (RCA) is probably not a universal term.

The S-Video connector will be ignored if you connect to that until you change the Crossbar selector to use the S-Video connector for Input.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATI USB 2.0N - PAL.jpg (47.3 KB, 8 downloads)

Last edited by jwillis84; 01-27-2019 at 04:43 AM.
01-27-2019, 04:47 AM
Free Member

jwillis84 Sent me the right driver and now I can digitize! Virtualdub detects ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0N capture device finally! Thanks again jwillis84!

https://aijaa.com/Hd3ukA
01-27-2019, 11:14 PM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazufa View Post
Lordsmurf. Don't you remember?
I've slept since then.

I don't think people realize just how many PMs and emails I get, not to mention people asking for my on forums, or expecting my input. Add to that my memory isn't what it once was.

Quote:
AIW - stands for All-In-Wonder,
AIW almost exclusively had Theatre chips. Almost. It's just easier shorthand to refer to this as AIW as well, so as not to confuse it with non-Theatre "TV Wonder" cards. Hence AIW USB, as there's only 1.

Quote:
However "I think" the ATI USB 2.0N "auto-detects" the standard and switches over to decoding that without user intervention.
No. Manually change NTSC/PAL in ATI MMC or VirtualDub.

Tags
ati aiw usb 600