01-29-2019, 03:19 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
In the VirtualDub capture window, top menu, under "Device...", what is the title of the capture device that you have selected in the menu?

Also note that huffyuv cannot compress UYVY. It can work only with YUY2 or RGB.
It is ATI TV Wonder usb 2.0N

Picture link: https://aijaa.com/cVr9HB
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
You have selected the correct capture device.

I notice that you are using VirtualDub 1.10.x. I'll be waiting for lordsmurf to return to this thread and give us his advice in this matter, but we have seen many complaints about VirtualDub 1.10. I still use VirtualDub 1.9.11 myself, which is the version lordsmurf has always recommended. Let's see if he rejoins us and offers more insight. Offhand, it seems to me you are taking the correct steps so far. The problem appears to be the new version of Virtualdub.
The following users thank sanlyn for this useful post: lordsmurf (01-29-2019)
01-29-2019, 11:34 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
If you want me to look at images and samples clips, attach to the forum. I don't click links to random file-sharing sites.

You have a good capture card, one of the best.
You need to capture lossless with Huffyuv plain/vanilla/official.
And that's it.

After capture, feel free to process/restore/edit as needed -- and those are new topics for new threads.

Huffyuv on XP is an simple as right-clicking the DLL and selecting "install". Reboot may be needed.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
01-30-2019, 05:43 AM
Free Member

I can't put videos on the forum and the 15min video won't fit even here. I've done through aijaa.comin links to the images, and they are safe to use. I am trying to be virtual 1.9.11. I have to get ahead because I didn't make any progress in my project yesterday.

-- merged --

I still can't choose the YUVY2 format to become the same error message as yesterday. I'm stuck because of this .... I also installed VirtualDub 1.9.11, and 2.1.1 huffyuv.

-- merged --

For some reason, the images have been removed from this chain which I took from the problem.

I'm starting to be quite frustrated with that same problem that comes to me in the virtualdub program. Can I ever do my job ....

-- merged --

The settings should be fine and nevertheless an error message will appear. It also crashes because it installed version 1.9.11.

I just have to try something tomorrow. I have not made two days to digitize the video, and the situation is frustrating.
The following users thank Mazufa for this useful post: sanlyn (02-07-2019)
01-30-2019, 03:08 PM
Site Staff | Video

Video requires patience.

Instructions to attach image: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...ly-upload.html
Videos must be 99mb max size.

01-31-2019, 02:11 AM
Free Member

I still have this problem and I have not been able to digitize for this. I don't know what's wrong.

Here are pictures of all my settings and error messages.

no i am you even know where the fault is, I can't fix anything because i am don't know the reason for the error message.

I have to consider other programs because the digitalisation itself is completely stopped because of this. I have been in place for many days.

-- merged --

I'm trying something today. Otherwise, this digitalization project will never be completed. I'm trying to find another software for you. Well, I don't know what the virtualdub is and so I can't fix it.

Don't you know where the fault could be? I really don't know. I have a weekend free job and I would have time to digitize now.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg virtualdub my settings (1).jpg (52.4 KB, 11 downloads)
File Type: jpg virtualdub my settings (3).jpg (80.5 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: jpg Virtualdub formaat error_2.jpg (76.8 KB, 8 downloads)
File Type: jpg virtualdub my settings (4).jpg (45.4 KB, 8 downloads)
File Type: jpg virtualdub my settings (6).jpg (68.2 KB, 11 downloads)
File Type: jpg virtualdub my settings(2).jpg (57.5 KB, 8 downloads)
File Type: jpg virtualdub my settings(5).jpg (43.3 KB, 8 downloads)
02-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Free Member

Your virtualdub_my_setting_(6).jpg image shows 720x480 frame size. Is that expected considering the PAL sizes shown on other screens?
02-02-2019, 05:50 AM
Free Member

I have to use PAL-B. For some reason, I can't choose that 720x576.

I don't really know what I should do. I can't get ahead at the moment, and I don't know if other programs should be considered. They don't just run the virtualdub issue.

-- merged --

I am waiting for weeks with this problem, and tried to find a solution but to no avail. I guess I have to start to digitize, frankly, with shit settings when no good ones ever get. I have good nerves but because the problem is not solved it frustrates and angers me.

Sorry. I'm just frustrated.

-- merged --

Let me refine the problem a little.

When I go to the custom video format window and choose the YUY2 video format there I get an error message. But if I choose UYVY video format then I will not get an error message. Where can this happen?

-- merged --

Waiting ended now. I am starting to digitize UYVY format because it will not have an error message. Otherwise, this project will never be anything.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Custom video format [no error] message.jpg (57.5 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: jpg Custom video format error message2.jpg (61.4 KB, 7 downloads)
02-03-2019, 04:20 AM
Site Staff | Video

720x576 UYVY was correct.

02-03-2019, 06:59 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
720x576 UYVY was correct.
And is this setting OK?

-- merged --

Lordsmurf

With these settings, the captured video information will not include video or audio. It only involves a lot of whispering. What's wrong?

No captured image or sound will be captured in the captured file.

-- merged --

Can't help me again? I tried to digitize with those settings but I didn't get any picture of the video and I just didn't sound the sound. I'm not an experienced digitalization professional. That's why I need help to learn things.

-- merged --

I must definitely give up the whole digitalisation thing. I just can't get ahead because virtualdub doesn't work and I don't know what I should do. I'm not a professional who knows everything about myself. I thought I would help here to learn this. But now it's already gone three weeks and I am still.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Huffyuv configure settings.jpg (73.4 KB, 7 downloads)
02-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Premium Member

Your problem is typical of complaints about many Windows 10 systems. Instead of VirtualDub, try AmarecTV https://www.videohelp.com/software/AmaRecTV. You can use huffyuv or Lagarith with AmarecTV for lossless capture. You will not need Amarec's own codec, which is not free and which is not very good.
02-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Your problem is typical of complaints about many Windows 10 systems. Instead of VirtualDub, try AmarecTV https://www.videohelp.com/software/AmaRecTV. You can use huffyuv or Lagarith with AmarecTV for lossless capture. You will not need Amarec's own codec, which is not free and which is not very good.
I'm not using Windows 10 for digitalization. I'm using Windows XP Professional 32bit for digitalization.
02-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Site Staff | Video

With video, you must take time, be meticulous with settings, and have patience. There is a learning curve to video, it's never a simple matter of plug-and-play. When it comes to capture cards, drivers and system conflicts is always the culprit.

I try to help as many people as I can, but I cannot be expected to reply and reply and reply to posts, and within a short time. I can't be anybody's Obi-wan, I cannot be your only hope, you must do some reading and trial/error on your own. I'm already spread too thin as it is.

UYVY is fine, YUY2 not necessary -- both are really the same difference. The codec and the capture card input don't have to match, both being interleaved YCrCb. I think you're trying to overthink things.

If overlay does not work, use preview.

720x576 PAL

As far as I can see, everything looks fine.

@sanlyn, WinXP + ATI AIW USB. He has the right setup that I can tell.

02-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
@sanlyn, WinXP + ATI AIW USB. He has the right setup that I can tell.
Sorry, I must have been thinking of another thread where the user had similar problems.

I don't see how specifying UYVY could work with huffyuv, which compresses only YUY2 or RGB.

Yes, "overlay" should not be used. Always use "preview" for capture.

Two options I would suggest:

- Use AmarecTV instead of VirtualDub capture. Not as much control, but not as many problems with codecs.

- If huffyuv is a problem, use Lagarith. It has its own installer: Lagarith Installer version 1.3.27.

Something odd about so many error messages. The PAL input format restriction, and the colorspace and frame size restrictions are errors from the ATI capture drivers, not directly from VirtualDub.
02-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Site Staff | Video

ATI AIW has always been UYVY native, which is almost the same as YUY2. Saving data YUY2 in Huffyuv has nothing to do with how the card hardware ingests it. DV hardware ingests YV12, but can still save out to lossless with software YUY2 in the Huffyuv codec. The difference here is the ATI AIW is still 4:2:2 YCrCb, and that's what matters.

http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=138
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33628596

UYVY vs. YUY2 is merely a difference of byte ordering, something that is internally handled without our interaction. Thankfully so, I might add. One less thing to worry about!

02-10-2019, 05:46 AM
Free Member

Quote:
- Use AmarecTV instead of VirtualDub capture.
We'll install AmarecTV and try to digitize it. It should be just as good a program.

-- merged --

I'm not getting AmarecTV colors for captured video. Could someone help me in setting up AmarecTV? I'm not getting them right. It's a guest program for me.
02-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Site Staff | Video

No colors is actually progress.
It's either a wiring issues (SCART, usually), or a PAL settings issue on the card.

02-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Free Member

Quote:
No colors is actually progress.
It's either a wiring issues (SCART, usually), or a PAL settings issue on the card.
I use the S-video cable as it is the best.
02-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazufa View Post
I'm not getting AmarecTV colors for captured video. Could someone help me in setting up AmarecTV? I'm not getting them right. It's a guest program for me.
Here is a link to basic English setup and configuration dialog windows for AmarecTV: https://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Amarectv_configuration. The capture device in the sample settings are for a different capture device, but you can find settings for your ATI device. Remember that the audio capture device and the video capture device are your ATI card.

Try the link above is a long web page with many sample screen captures. If you have questions, post here. I don't use AmarecTV but many people do, so someone would be able to help.

If AmatrecTV becomes too complicated, try the old favorite, VirtualVCR https://www.videohelp.com/software/VirtualVCR.

Last edited by sanlyn; 02-10-2019 at 05:58 PM.
02-11-2019, 07:58 AM
Free Member

What does this mean? What should I do to fix this problem? This always comes when you open AmarecTV software.