Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-09-2020, 08:47 AM
Free Member

Hi, this is my first time posting. Hopefully in the right forum. I have been trying for the past week (about 60 hours so far) with different setups, Windows XP versions, Driver versions, Software versions, reading forums everywhere and am not getting anywhere.

I have the following hardware:
Gigabyte P55A-UDP4 motherboard, 4Gb RAM, 2 Tb HDD
XFX Radeon HD 6950 video card
ATI TV Wonder Elite Remote Control Edition PCI card NTSC 100-703205 (purchased from Amazon two weeks ago)
Canon ES600 8mm camcorder
Windows XP Pro SP2 32 bit, registered version
Tried many versions of the ATI drivers, CCC andd MMC

When I load it all up (new install of WinXP and different drivers each time) the following happens:

1. Launch Windows Movie Maker
2. Click "Capture Video"
3. Hourglass comes up and nothing happens (left it for 5 minutes or more). WMM must be closed via Task Manager as it is not responding

or

1. Launch VirtualDub.exe (build 44282/release)
2. Click"Capture AVI
3. Top menu bar changes to capture mode [] with appropriate menus
4. When I click on any of the menu options, the program window turns white and program stops responding
5. VirtualDub can be closed by X at top right

I am quite knowledgeable in computers software and hardware generally. Have built and repaired many PC's and written and fixed many types of software programming.

Is my hardware fighting each other or am I missing something? Are versions of software not compatible with each other?

-- merged --

An additional thought on this. Does it make a difference what order the drivers are installed in?
I have been installing all motherboard and video card drivers. Should I install only select drivers?

-- merged --

It appears that nobody here has any idea to with this card either, except to say that it has many issues in some old posts. Ten days later and not a single reply. I have exhausted my patience. Since the card was a gift I will attempt to return it to Amazon and look for an alternative. There is not much available here in Canada except the Diamond VC500 which appears to have some issues as well.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-19-2020, 10:17 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,460 Times in 2,092 Posts
That card uses a Theatre 550 chipset, and has catastrophic images quality issues (mainly bad AGC), and is not suggested. It's not an AIW card, the main reason to use XP.

There are some cards here in the marketplace subforum, both ATI 600 USB and ATI AIW.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs

Tags
tv wonder elite