11-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Free Member

I am looking for a machine that will allow me to record a show, then edit the commercials out. Does one exsist? Thanks and God Bless

Michael

Michael Randazzo
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Free Member

Like a dvd player or Tivo...what format are you looking for?

Personally I think it is best to record to DVD then use the computer to remove the commercials.
11-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Free Member

I have a RCA 8300N +R DVD recorder that allows me to clear the chapters and then reset the chapters and then hide them. I use this to edit commercials eps that I want to watch on my DVD players. I believe most +R recorders have that feature. I used to be able to copy them like that with my old DVD burner but the new one (Pioneer) picks up the hidden chapters. By the way it can be time consuming to do it this way. A two hour ep could take 15 to 20 minutes. This is how Tekken used to make the sets that he had. -R recorders will allow you to edit, but it depends to what recording mode you use. To be able to edit them on a -R`recorder the eps are only watchable on that DVD recorder. I think they call it VR mode.

For eps that I'm making in to a DVD, I usually just record them, finalize and edit with MPEG- vcr. It is very quick, and two hour eps can be edited in the 5 minutes. I use Nerovision to turn them eps to mpegs,edit and transfer to a file.

DVD authoring software is another issue. I've been using Nero and am exploring the other programs. Hope this helps!