06-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

I'm using VirtualDub to capture, what exactly does VirtualDub do when it says "Frames Inserted" - should I ignore this? I'm getting a lot fewer dropped frames and I would like to stick with VirtualDub. According to VirtualDub, there were 7 dropped frames, with 20 frames inserted. I replayed the video after capture, but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and the video almost looks perfect in my eyes.

I do realize the manual states the following about frames inserted, and is pretty obvious.

Video: Frames inserted
This refers to the number of aberrations in the video stream which caused VirtualDub to insert a placeholder frame into the video stream due to there being too few frames in that area (too slow). Fewer is better, although it is normal for frame inserts to occur where there are disruptions in the video stream, such as the start of a new recording on a tape.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

I just caught this post as another old one that had replies lost in the server crash. Did you ever have time to read your response before it was lost? Or do you need it again?

Sigh.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
10-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Premium Member

I quit using Virtual Dub, I'm back to using Premiere Pro and the Canopus ADVC-110 - I just got sick using ATI cards.
10-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I would have to say, to give a brief answer to the original question, if everything looked fine, it may have been okay, nothing to worry about.

I prefer to only use ATI MMC with ATI cards. It's made to access all of the hardware, whereas other generic capture software does not always work as perfectly with it.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!