Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Free Member

well, I think the capture card is bad...installed windows sp1 and got same result...no audio...need to get in contact with Lordsmurf and send it back to him...Thanks for all your help...
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya69 View Post
I read somewhere installing Windows XP on my HP pc with Intel i5 chip will have missing drivers issues...and their is no support for it.
Is that true?
It depends actually.

Some i5 systems were based on Sandy Bridge and that is supported "for sure" on XP.

Some i5 systems were based on Ivey Bridge and "most" were supported by Intel, whether the manufacturers made support available was less certain. But the Intel drivers would work.

XP was phenomenally flexible and had many work arounds. Bolt-on SATA and mSATA, USB 3.0 support available.. is available.. and that's just nuts.

I recently upgraded my Win7 HP Folio13 to XP, it has an i5 with a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port with mSATA card. Its pretty nice. HP never released XP support for that.. but Snappy Driver to the rescue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya69 View Post
well, I think the capture card is bad...installed windows sp1 and got same result...no audio...need to get in contact with Lordsmurf and send it back to him...Thanks for all your help...
I will be very interested to hear if that really has a dead Sound input.

Like I said these things 'are like' from Krypton.

I have seen "one" D.O.A. instance of this.. but it was the whole thing.. probably someone plugged a 12 volt power supply into the 6 volt port.. that happens "far far" too often with other capture boxes.. like the Pinnacle series.

Mostly people overlooked the ATI standalone capture box.. which brought it all the way into the 2010's.. otherwise they would have probably been abused to death by now.

the Saga.. continues.. good luck.
07-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillis84 View Post
It depends actually.

Some i5 systems were based on Sandy Bridge and that is supported "for sure" on XP.

Some i5 systems were based on Ivey Bridge and "most" were supported by Intel, whether the manufacturers made support available was less certain. But the Intel drivers would work.

XP was phenomenally flexible and had many work arounds. Bolt-on SATA and mSATA, USB 3.0 support available.. is available.. and that's just nuts.

I recently upgraded my Win7 HP Folio13 to XP, it has an i5 with a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port with mSATA card. Its pretty nice. HP never released XP support for that.. but Snappy Driver to the rescue.
On my HP installing windows XP SP2 went well...but never could find the right network driver to make the network work...so could not download drivers from Snappy Drivers. Uploaded my PC Info image

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC-INFO.JPG (57.7 KB, 4 downloads)
07-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Free Member

That's what the "Full" version is for.. although, people tend to use USB WiFi adapters quite a bit.. but you need an adapter that XP supported. Hard to find in a store.. easy to find on eBay or Amazon. An old PCI ethernet card that you have with a driver disk or USB drivers for can also get you online and get Snappy to perform the 'Snap'

If you have the patience and download capacity the 15 GB fits nicely on a 32 GB USB flash drive from BestBuy.. they are running about $6 for a 32 GB stick that's about the size of a dime. Handy thing to have around when dealing with old Retro PCs.. its not like after you download that 15 GB they are going to suddenly update the XP drivers.. lol.

That would sort of be like Updating the Pyramids.. though I suppose they could find another 'tomb' with an elusive driver set.
07-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillis84 View Post
That's what the "Full" version is for.. although, people tend to use USB WiFi adapters quite a bit.. but you need an adapter that XP supported. Hard to find in a store.. easy to find on eBay or Amazon. An old PCI ethernet card that you have with a driver disk or USB drivers for can also get you online and get Snappy to perform the 'Snap'
I also uploaded my pc specs info
I will give it another try tomorrow, I have a USB wifi adapter...will give that try.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC-INFO.JPG (57.7 KB, 3 downloads)

Last edited by priya69; 07-06-2019 at 07:45 PM.
07-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Free Member

Give Phils Lab a watch over on Youtube

He demos installing XP on a Haswell Motherboard with Easy2Boot and Snappy Driver.

Its essentially what your doing:

Install Windows XP on Haswell with Easy2Boot and Snappy Driver Installer
07-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Free Member

Yes, I am using Easy2boot...but will definitely follow what he is doing. Thanks

-- merged --

Well bought another ATI AIW USB 2.0n card in Canada... I live in Canada...should arrive next week, let's see if it is the card or ME (not knowing what I am doing).
07-07-2019, 02:20 AM
Free Member

Fingers crossed.

-- merged --

Uh.. this might be a long shot.. but

This driver might work for the NIC for your motherboard:

hp elitedesk 800 sff

http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/LAN_x32_11.zip

Its from Intel to support XP embedded that was released after support for XP desktop was dropped, multiple people have reported it worked on msi and dell desktops, and one person reported it worked for the hp elitedesk 800 sff (much to the irritation of HP support)
07-08-2019, 03:53 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Another big problem is that VIA hates ATI. And it's not ATI's fault, but VIA cheaping out in various areas. Sometimes this would show, sometimes not, was almost random.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Free Member

Well, good news ...the new capture card I ordered arrived and I do get audio...so the capture card I got for Lordsmurf is bad for capturing audio...No I can start doing the project and hope no other headaches...witch probably won't be the case...lol

I like to thank jwillis84 he tried everything possible to see if it was my pc settings not the capture card issue.
The following users thank priya69 for this useful post: jwillis84 (07-17-2019)