Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josem84 View Post
Avisynth requires a bit of knowledge. It's not user friendly by any means. I think the OP has no experience with Avisynth (correct me if I'm wrong). Plus for such an easy task... why bother using Avisynth? Unless some restoration is needed, there's no need to mesh with it. It's a one click thing in Avidemux.

I'm not sure I would call that junk, but hey each to their own. I understand that in a professional environment it's something that has to be done, but for hobbyists like me and the OP, it's not such a crucial choice.

Regards.
You can also do some cleanup with VirtuaLDub, which is simpler. And which requires knowledge. Tell us about this editor and other software you use that requires no knowledge. I can only shudder at the thought of results you get.

Since this user (and you) don't value experience or advice from pro's, it would be a waste of time to continue. It does make it seem a little silly that you spend time browsing a/v forums. For what?. Pro advice? Or edification from the clueless?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-12-2019, 01:36 AM
Free Member

I did not cut or stretch anything. This is the original screenshot from the movie being played in the playback program - a frozen movie (picture frame). It was captured in 720 x 576. I also wrote about it in another thread that I wonder why the picture in this recording is originally in 1.33: 1 (4: 3) when captured in 720 x 576. Where other material is e.g. in 1.25: 1... Probably what I wrote about here may matter: it could have been the signal recorded from a DVD to a VHS cassette.
Less on this subject.
I read somewhere that non-original proportions of the captured image can cause playback programs. That is, it looks like this on the computer screen, but in reality it is different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
The data at the bottom of the image is head-switching noise, present on all VHS captures.
Since this strip at the bottom of the screen is head switching noise, so it was created when playing a VHS cassette through VCR ? Originally recorded movie on a VHS tape through a camera, so it probably did not have (this is not on the tape) this field ? Perhaps the VHS tape is really a good picture here (recorded on it), but when this is reproduced by the VCR, this blur is created there by switching the heads - at the very bottom of the read signal... ?
Maybe it was created (this strap) when years ago someone was installing(mount) a VHS cassette and then this strip was applied by the VCR during its recording - mounting.
But despite everything: was it even created at the very bottom of the original image (deforming it a little) or adding this new field automatically (stretching the image vertically)...?
In other words: Is this strip at the bottom of the screen is part of the original video recorded on the VHS tape (its aspect ratio - image format) or does this original image format (1.33:1) start from this strip up ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
If you don't know how to post unaltered images or samples directly from a video, please ask.
I do not know how to do this.