digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Encode, Convert for discs (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-conversion/)
-   -   Total Code Studio won't recognize source AVI file? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-conversion/10282-total-code-studio.html)

justin81 01-23-2020 01:13 PM

Total Code Studio won't recognize source AVI file?

Hello,

So, I've been playing around with Total Code Studio (Base version). I'm trying to convert AVI to MPEG 2 for DVD. However, when I attempt to drag the AVI file to the "output" section, I get an error that says "not allowed....wrong stream type."

This applies to the video only. I can specify this file as the audio source with no problem.

Incidentally, I created this AVI myself using Virtual Dub and Huffyuv, so I know I have the codecc installed. Audio is LPCM.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

lordsmurf 01-23-2020 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You did it wrong.

Attachment 11141

Drag file to INPUT. Then drag input to OUTPUT, where you can set it (started with presets, customize/adjust settings as needed).

justin81 01-23-2020 01:39 PM

Thanks for the reply, lordsmurf.

Unfortunately, I tried what you recommended, and the issue is still here. This is what the log file says...

Error: Video stream required for MPEG DVD/SVCD

Incidentally, a little further up in the log file, I see these entries...

Error: Can not open file C:/Users/Justin/.TotalCodeStudio/modulesettings.mms
Warning: Preset file C:/Program Files/MainConcept/TotalCode Studio/ExtendedPresets/Apple29.97p.mps modified.
Warning: Preset file C:/Program Files/MainConcept/TotalCode Studio/ExtendedPresets/PlayStation4.mps modified.

Could it be a bad install?

EDITED TO ADD: It wasn't clear in my original message. I used the input to specify the AVI file first. Then tried to drag to "output."

lordsmurf 01-23-2020 01:48 PM

Fast Recompress to Lagarith in VirtualDub, and try that file. See what happens.

justin81 01-23-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 66056)
Fast Recompress to Lagarith in VirtualDub, and try that file. See what happens.

Yes! I just tried this with Lagarith and got it working. It is encoding now. I'm guessing that it doesn't like Huffyuv, for some reason.

Thank you, lordsmurf!

lordsmurf 01-23-2020 02:32 PM

Huffyuv is 32-bit.
MainConcept is 64-bit.
Lagarith is 32+64 bit.

What you need to do is install ffdshow, and then enable the 64-bit FF Huffyuv (but not 32).

You can always try to capture Lagarith, but you must monitor it for frame drops, audio sync, and other weirdness.

I rarely just encode captures. My post-capture software workflow is (at minimum) VirtualDub for clipping unwanted footage, and then it can be fast recompressed to Lagarith if MC is next step.

justin81 01-24-2020 09:51 AM

Thank you for the explanation, lordsmurf.

I just downloaded and installed ffdshow and enabled Huffyuv 64 bit. Main Concept is accepting my AVI files now, no problem.

On to the next adventure...

justin81 01-24-2020 05:36 PM

Unfortunately, I'm thinking that the installation of ffdshow "broke" something.

Virtualdub is now acting strange. For example, it will freeze during capture and I have to close it in task manager. The files resulting from the capture have really bad audio synch too.

I'm guessing it was ffdshow because that is the only variable that has changed. Yesterday's captures (prior to installation) had perfect audio synch.

Any ideas as to what's up?