05-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

from e-mail...

Quote:
Converted first VOB file completely and perfectly. The remaining VOBs do not register any video information in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 when going to de-multiplex. WHen I do the same as I did for the first file I have to add .m2v to the save file. The end result is green screen video. The VOB file rip is perfect so I do not understand why there is no info showing and I get green screen when de-multiplexing.
Your thoughts?
Admin note: This is in reference to the PAL to NTSC Guide.

Be sure you are not copying the VOBs off the DVD, but rather ripping a single VOB per VTS/PGC (single video title). An authored DVD splits a title into 1GB VOB chunks that are often unworkable as-is. Follow one of these guides to properly extract the full-length video as a single VOB:
A "green screen" in an encoder or player is sometimes also a sign of codec hell on a system -- often the result of too many codecs, or one of those awful codec packs having been installed on a computer. I don't think that's a problem here -- not yet, at least -- but it's something to keep in mind.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors