digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Encode, Convert for discs (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-conversion/)
-   -   VirtualDub with Filters Pre-loaded + HuffYUV [DOWNLOADS] (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-conversion/1727-virtualdub-filters-pre.html)

lordsmurf 07-21-2014 03:08 AM

Glad you figured it out! However, I was never entirely sure what you were asking. :o

For capturing, go to File > Capture AVI
Then Device > to select the video card
And Audio > to select the audio input, which may or may not be the same as the video capture device

bilditup1 08-25-2015 02:39 PM

VirtualDub was updated to version 1.10.4 in Oct 2013. Is there any reason to stick with version 1.9.11, which is included in your package?

lordsmurf 08-25-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilditup1 (Post 39560)
VirtualDub was updated to version 1.10.4 in Oct 2013. Is there any reason to stick with version 1.9.11, which is included in your package?

There have been various issues with the 1.10.x version.
Furthermore, it adds nothing for the purposes of restoring or capturing video.

1.9.x ain't broke, so 1.10.x isn't needed to fix it.

bilditup1 08-25-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 39561)
There have been various issues with the 1.10.x version.
Furthermore, it adds nothing for the purposes of restoring or capturing video.

1.9.x ain't broke, so 1.10.x isn't needed to fix it.

K, then I'll keep a separate VDub just for these projects, or else just use this one since I rarely use VDub at all anyway. Thanks for the clarification.

lordsmurf 08-25-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilditup1 (Post 39568)
K, then I'll keep a separate VDub just for these projects, or else just use this one since I rarely use VDub at all anyway. Thanks for the clarification.

I have separate folders for every version of VirtualDub from 1.2.x to 1.10.x. But I almost never use them.
1.9.x does everything that I need and want.

bar72 10-16-2018 01:46 PM

A big thank you compiling this. Just got a few VHS tapes to transfer and only just been reading about vdub / avisynth. Spent last 2 days chasing .dll's around the web so this is a welcomed vdub pack :)

captainvic 06-25-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 26202)
We also plan to have Avisynth with pre-installed filters! Lots of instructions, sample scripts, etc.

lordsmurf, did you upload Avisynth with pre-installed filters to the site? Thanks in advance!

Subarit 01-10-2021 09:27 AM

Will VirtualDub work on Windows 7 x32 ?

RS456 04-19-2021 07:04 AM

How do I preview video on Vdub when capturing video? The version pack with filters uploaded by lordsmurf does not seem to work with my computer. Vdub 2 3385 and Vdub 2 3602 work with my computer (both 32 bit and 64 bit versions) but I am unable to preview the video on vdub when capturing the video (capture avi). How do I fix this?

I am on a Windows 10 computer. No preview case is the same for both my capture cards in Vdub. I tried VC500 and Hauppage usb live capture card. I have Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU and Core i5 8600K. How do I fix this issue?

I am able to capture the video but no preview before finishing capture.

unclescoob 05-26-2021 09:35 PM

Hello. I am trying to install this virtualdub in my new computer. I did the WinRar or whatever, and was able to extract all files to the folder (see attached). Although I placed one of the listed virtualdub apps on my desktop and opened it, it doesn't have all the filters listed that Smurf added- just the basics. Can someone please point me in the right direction here and explain what I need to do with all these trillions of files?
THank you

unclescoob 05-26-2021 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello. I am trying to install this virtualdub in my new computer. I did the WinRar or whatever, and was able to extract all files to the folder (see attached). Although I placed one of the listed virtualdub apps on my desktop and opened it, it doesn't have all the filters listed that Smurf added- just the basics. Can someone please point me in the right direction here and explain what I need to do with all these trillions of files?
THank you

Hushpower 05-27-2021 04:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You're missing the "VirtualDub.exe" file. I suspect that you have dragged it to your desktop. No harm done, just drag it back to the actual "Virtualdub 1.9.11 + filters" folder and then run it. Ignore all the other virtuldub exe files.

The filters will be visible through the Video>Filters>Add menu.

Unless required for other linkages of which I am unware, VDub does not have to be "placed" anywhere in particular: it can be unzipped anywhere then the VirtulDub.exe file run to open the program. It doesn't actually "install", as such. In Window's parlance, it is "portable".

If you can't get your current setup to work, simply delete the VirtualDub folder and start again.

Here's my 1.9.11 folder.

unclescoob 05-27-2021 11:00 AM

Ok, it worked.
Thank you!

unclescoob 05-27-2021 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, a new error: It won't load my Mpeg2 stream. Please see attached.

Hushpower 05-27-2021 06:18 PM

Hmm, it looks like there is a problem with your MPEG file. Annoying!

- Does it play in VLC Player (or other media player)?
- I'd suggest you try another, or if it is a must-have file, you perhaps could try re-encoding that problem MPEG with something like Handbrake to try to repair it.

unclescoob 05-27-2021 06:35 PM

Ok, nevermind I solved that. However, I am looking at the filters list in this virtualdub and it only contains the default filters that any virtualdub download contains. This does NOT contain the 100 and somewhat filters that Smurfy says it contains. What gives?

unclescoob 05-27-2021 06:51 PM

So here's what I've discovered so far:

If I click open the virtualdub.exe file from the virtualdub folder, I see all the preloaded filters.
But if I send that file to my desktop as a shortcut, I do not.
How do I fix this so that I can send the file to my desktop and see all the preloaded filters?

Hushpower 05-27-2021 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My desktop shortcut leads me back to LS' VDub 1.9.11 custom version OK, as per the attached.

Check the Properties of your shortcut to make sure it's pointing back to LS's Virtual Dub, not some other VD folder.

unclescoob 05-28-2021 06:54 AM

Ok, all works well.

Thank you!

ExUSAF_AV 05-30-2021 06:42 PM

VirtualDub filters and HuffyYUV

From the description, the multi-threaded version of HuffyYUV is intended to be used with dual or quad-core processors. Is a Core-Duo processor considered a dual core and will the basic HuffyYUV work with either? What is the primary advantage of the multithreaded HuffyYUV? Can both be installed or should only one be installed per system?

Also, I noticed the Virtual Dub download included multiple plugin folders: Plugins, Plugins32, Plugins64, Plugins-removed, Plugins-removed-effects, Plugins-removed-unstable, and another folder labeled Untested.

While Plugins64 is assumed to be for a 64bit OS what is the difference between the Plugins and Plugins32 folders? Will both be available for a 32 bit system? I am assuming those that are removed or the untested folder contains other plugins that can be used at your own risk but which folder should they be added to if you want to try them - Plugins or Plugins32 or both?