04-14-2005, 05:03 AM
Premium Member

LS,

I have 4 vob files that wont burn as a video dvd on nero, clonedvd2, or record now. Is there anyway i can make them compliant?

On record now i just make the video_ts and audio folders, and toss the vobs in there to burn. This usually works when nero doesnt want to burn non compliant vobs. Alcohol is the only app i havent tried.

These are the only files i have to work with, is there any chance i can salvage them?

thanks - strangepork
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Just VOB files? There are no IFO or BUP files? That would not be DVD-Video, if it were these case. It has to be an authored set to play on a DVD player. Otherwise, it'd just be data.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
04-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Just VOB files? There are no IFO or BUP files? That would not be DVD-Video, if it were these case. It has to be an authored set to play on a DVD player. Otherwise, it'd just be data.
no ifo or BUP, just the vob files. Im trying another option but ill post if it works or not. Any suggestions?
04-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Premium Member

well, i found a work around. You can use Videoredo to view the vob files (tested), and you can probably save them as mpegs from there ( not yet tested). Next i would have to join them all together ( still trying to figure that out ), as one big mpeg, and then convert that into a dvd.

whew...
04-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

You cannot make a DVD from VOB files alone. I would import them, in order, into a single track in TMPG DVD AUTHOR and then author a new DVD. Choose NO MENU if you want no menu.

There is also possibility that you can use IFO EDIT to create new IFO/BUP structure, but that also assumes you still have the menu VOB files intact. I am guessing that is not the case here. VIDEO_TS.VOB probably missing.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!