06-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
After I sent you the msg last night, I realized I couldnt burn the power point presentation directly with imgburn because it wasnt in any supported formats.
So I did a search, and came across this free powerpoint converter, called e.m. free powerpoint video converter, and I converted it to a mpg file, ran it thru ulead workshop and burned it with imgburn and that worked perfectly, however, as Im watching the DVD on my tv, i see that it has the e.m. powerpoint url address at the top of the screen thru the whoel dvd and i obviously dont want that...
so...do you know how i can either remove that, or do you know a program i can use that won't have anything like that on the final project?
also..i still need to know how id add seperate songs for each section of the project as i explained in the msg last night.
If you can get back to me to tonight because I really need to get this done tonight, i'd really aprpeciate it
Thanks a lot!
First, a related philosophy to keep in mind when searching online...

The beauty of the Internet is that it has lots of information.
The problem of the Internet is that it has lots of information.
Same for software.

As is the case with information, not all software is good or reliable. There are tons of companies* out there selling what I refer to as "crapware" of "junkware". Some people call it "spamware" because only spammers ever mention it. They spam forums with fake guides, reviews and posts. They set up many sites -- often fake "review" sites, hawking their junk. Most of the programs are GUIs on top of freeware, or otherwise poorly reverse engineered code. By no surprise, most of it comes from China, India or Russia. Many programs add watermarks unless you pay all kinds of money (almost always $29.95 to $99.95) to remove it. On the face, that sounds reasonable. But when you consider you're sending your money (and information) to people who are often known for spamming, is it worth it? Those sorts of operations have promises for updates and support, but neither generally happens. What you have now is all you'll ever have. At best, the watermark may go away.

Now, back to your question...

Powerpoint itself has video export options. So if you have Powerpoint, use that -- not some crapware. There used to be a free tool at Microsoft.com, too, but I forget what it is. I used it once, about 3 years ago.

The one thing I can say for sure is there's no way to "remove" the watermark from the software you've not bought. Buying it is one idea. But I propose seeking more options, not being content with something you find simply on Google.

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
Hi.
I have a q..I'm attempting to make a picture/slideshow DVD for a family member...I've never done this before, so I need some guidance.

Ok..I made the slideshow in Power Point..its about 52 slides I believe, and I want to add a different song to each slide...

So, first question..how would I add the music...
and
How do I go about burning this onto DVD? Would I import it thru Workshop like I do every other DVD I make, or some other way?

Also, would u suggest I put this on a single layer dvd, or a dual layer?

Thanks
When you start from images, I highly suggest using MemoriesOnTV 4 from http://www.codejam.com/index.htm

That works very well for converting images to a number of video formats, with quite a few very detailed and user-friendly options, on an image-by-image level, of creating the perfect slideshow.

I just use it to render the video portion of my slideshow. It probably has some embedded audio options.

I drop the encoded HuffYUV AVI into Premiere, and cut multiple audio clips that way. Then I export it from Premiere as yet another HuffYUV or uncompressed AVI. My final encodes are all done in MainConcept Reference.

That's my workflow.

Then I just author it as a menu-less disc (in most cases), using TMPGEnc DVD Authoring Works.

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!