Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for discs

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
I've had some decent luck with Hypercam 3, but you need:

(1) to use a completely stripped-down system -- no interruptions by the computer whatsoever!
(2) you have to pray there is not any bandwidth/loading snafu whatsoever.

The first one can be done, if you have computer systems specifically for video work. It's something you rarely use online. It's for capturing, editing, etc -- not browsing the web. Something you'd ONLY use for laser-specific URLs, as it has zero protection (virus/malware) of any kind. Otherwise taskbar crap interrupts it. The computer literally can run near-nothing,

The other one almost never happens unless you have an unusually excellent ISP. So good luck with that.

I'd find myself capturing, walking away from the system.
Come back and see where it f-ed up, then restart that screen capture from there (if it lets me!)
Repeat as needed.
Put the whole thing in Adobe Premiere to merge segments, then output.

It's not as easy as File > Save As, and it's done. Nope, this is a huge PITA. Yes, it can be done. But to do it well, it takes some dedication and patience.

Again, I've done it.

I've also used a Blu-ray player and a DVD recorder. But it still takes rinse-repeat to get good segments, and now you have to rip/decompile the DVDs too, before merging good segments in something like Womble.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Free Member

Hmmmm wonder if I could find someone to make me a DVD set of it lol. of course Id pay for the episodes time discs etc. wonder how long it would take to get done lol. Need this series before my semester is done on the 16th of December heh.

Wendy
Closed Thread