04-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Free Member

After encoding my video with TMPGEnc, I authored and burned. When I play the video on my dvd player, after attempting to rewind or fast-forward, it just...well, won't. It will play and pause, but I can't scan.

We can rule out the authoring software (simple dvd creator) or IMGBurn because after authoring and burning the same video encoded with HCEnc, I don't have this problem. So I'm thinking I screwed up somewhere in the settings, perhaps.

Could it be a GOP-related issue, or the fact that I'm using the 14-day trial version of TMPGEnc?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

This is usually an issue with the DVD player and the blank media, not the MPEG encoding or the authoring.
What is the media ID of the blank disc?

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
04-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Free Member

It's a Fujifilm DVD+RW.

But as I stated, when I encode the video with HcEnc, author and burn, I don't have this problem (I'm using the same blank DVD on all my projects, as this is just a test DVD, so I keep erasing the disk and adding new clips).
02-01-2013, 01:21 AM
Former Site Staff | Computers

I can say that it is not because its a 14-day trial.
Its possible its a GOP error. It could also be that the authoring software just doesn't work well with that model of player, it's very rare, but not unheard of.
Another possibility is that if you are using the same RW, it could be starting to wear out. The +RW media tend to wear out faster than -RW media.

-JMP

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Check out my latest Editorial.