Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for discs

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
It's been brought to my attention that the MainConcept update for Adobe Premiere 6.5 has been lost to the vacuum of cyberspace, one of those 404 black holes. Neither MainConcept nor Adobe seem to be making it available anymore. No problem. I have it.

I believe this is version 1.4 -- a "special" version as the installer file is called -- that updated the existing one in Premiere 6.5. It is probably "special" because it does NOT include the MPEG capturing function that was found in the standalone 1.4 and 1.5 versions of the old MainConcept MPEG Encoder software.

ADMIN UPDATE: Version 1.3 has been added here as well. Try it if 1.4 acts oddly or fails to install.

INSTALL NOTE: This will only work if you already have Adobe Premiere 6.5 installed. It won't install without it. It's an update only, not a "free full version" of software. Sorry kiddies, no warez are here for you.

Older versions of the MPEG encoder were a bit buggy, I remember this update being most appreciated.

Adobe Premiere 6.5 may be several years old, but it's definitely not obsolete or useless. In fact, it runs faster than CS3 does, and I prefer 6.5 for smaller tasks, like making DVD motion menus.

Anyway, on to the download....

NOTE: If you're not sure what to do with a RAR file, then read this help post. You'll need to be logged in as a Free Member to access the download, sign up here if needed.

Attached Files
File Type: rar MainConcept-MPEGEncoder-v14-for-Premiere.rar (7.24 MB, 284 downloads)
File Type: rar MainConcept-MPEGEncoder-v13-for-Premiere65.rar (6.89 MB, 308 downloads)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs

Last edited by admin; 11-30-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added MainConcept v1.3 for Premiere
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: djcruz (03-13-2010)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Premium Member

would you recommend this for someone who has Adobe Master Collection CS3?
11-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

No.

This download is specifically for Adobe Premiere version 6.5, and not any other later version. Premiere CS3 and CS4 have much better latter-generation encoding options present. Also based on the MainConcept SDK.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
11-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Premium Member

Cool, just thought I would ask
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Free Member

Uhhh...it wants a serial number and the "DEMO" default in the serial number blank is not acceptable. I tried it blank too...same outcome "Invalid serial number".
11-29-2009, 07:13 AM

This might accidentally be the full 1.4 version uploaded, instead of the special final version for Premiere. The file may just be named wrong. I'll see if this can be fixed.

11-30-2009, 04:34 PM

Added v1.3 to first post.

05-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Free Member

Just curious if the serial number issue has been fixed. I was really glad to see this download (until this morning I wasn't aware there were updates) but I don't want to render the mainconcept encoder i have useless if I install the updates.
Any info on this yet?
Many thanks.
~Brad
05-03-2010, 07:22 AM

Use v1.3 for the Adobe "special edition" MainConcept included with Adobe Premiere 6.5. It's been so many years since MC 1.4 was out, and Adobe Premiere 6.5 was the NLE of the day, that nobody seems to remember (with accuracy) what final version of MC was used with 6.5. If you ask Adobe, they'll just try to sell you CS3/CS4/CS5/latest instead of answering the question.

I will note that I don't think you can "mess up" Premiere + MC. If the MainConcept 1.4 does not work, just uninstall it. Reinstall MainConcept 1.3, if necessary, in its place.

Unfortunately, the MPEG Encoder option in Premiere 6.5 does not specify which MainConcept version it is. There's no readily visible version info that I can see anywhere. In those days (and it might still be the case, actually), Adobe did not acknowledge the MainConcept branding -- it's called the "Adobe MPEG Encoder" or "Adobe Media Encoder" instead.

Just try it, if you want.

Also, if the quality of your existing encoder is fine, don't mess with it. Ain't broke, don't fix it.

05-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Free Member

Hello.
Thanks for the link posts. I am closer to getting back to work then i was. But when i install the Encoder it never asks for my serial number and then it says i need to re install 6.5 but re installing that make the encoder go away and need to be re installed. It becomes a circle. Any guess?

Also would any one know if the key works on CS5. i can buy that but dont want to pay another $349 for the encoder.
Thanks all.
05-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyaxe View Post
Hello.
Thanks for the link posts. I am closer to getting back to work then i was. But when i install the Encoder it never asks for my serial number and then it says i need to re install 6.5 but re installing that make the encoder go away and need to be re installed. It becomes a circle. Any guess?

Also would any one know if the key works on CS5. i can buy that but dont want to pay another $349 for the encoder.
Thanks all.
Premiere CS5 should include the encoder engine already, just use the project export option and select the various MPEG encoding options. You'll see the "MainConcept" labeling somewhere in the dialogs. Its there, but its not very obvious.

If you have an older machine, Adobe is basically giving away CS2 these days. They do say you should only download it if you purchased it.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/