Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for discs

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Free Member

I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum.

I have .VOB files that I ripped with DVD Decrypter that I want to remove the commercials from. I am a longtime VideoRedo Plus user and this is the first time I've ever had any issues with the program. When I import the files the program length is incorrect and playback gets very jumpy, with the video playing many times faster than normal with no audio. Using the arrow keys to navigate the video sometimes jumps me many minutes before or later in the video. I cannot make any edits.

Anybody else have this issue? What's the solution?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-21-2014, 03:53 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Do you ever solve this?

You need to figure out which is to blame -- the source videos, or the VideoReDo program.
So the first steop would be to get a trial of Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD, then compare the results.
- If error is still there, it's the source.
- If not, then the software is to blame. And you can then either (A) abandon it, or (B) contact tech support for the software.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs